chrysler outboard

eyemall2006

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
6
I have a chrysler outboard model # 557hg ser # 5088. I would like to know what ignition system it has. If anyone knows if I can put automotive or motorcycle colis on it. Also if anyone has any recommendations on a carb rebuild kit.
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: chrysler outboard

Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />1975 model year. There were two different ignition systems, one conventional and an electronic MagnaPower system. They used different coils from what I can tell, but they look alike. With the key on, test the + side of the coil for 12vdc. If you get that, I suppose it would work. If not, I doubt it.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: chrysler outboard

Standard generic carb kit is at this LINK . Make sure when you do it you remove the welsh plug and clean the three small holes under it. This is the most likely spot for idle problems.
 
Top