FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Chrysler 140hp Outboard Model# 1408HID and I bought a 105hp Chrysler, Engine serial number tag is gone. Can I used the head from a 105hp on a 140hp? Thanks in advance.
Yes you can pull the 105Hp head and bolt it right on the 140Hp leg.
The bolt pattern are the same.
The different between the 105Hp and the 140Hp is the bore.
105Hp has 3,312 in bore, the 140Hp has 3,375 in bore.
Yes you can pull the 105Hp head and bolt it right on the 140Hp leg.
The bolt pattern are the same.
The different between the 105Hp and the 140Hp is the bore.
105Hp has 3,312 in bore, the 140Hp has 3,375 in bore.
Thank you very much Jerry. I also found out the 105hp only has one fuel pump and the 140hp has two. I bought the 105hp as a parts motor because gaskets are pretty easy to find but parts not so much.