Chrysler 75 HP Maunual Tilt Question

jrbpit1

Cadet
Hey guys I need to pick your brains again. I have a 75 hp Chrysler. The mechanism that locks the motor down to the bar that slides through the brackets that is mounted to the transom is broken. ...talk about a run-on sentence! Anyway, the motor just rests against the bar, fine for going forward but when in reverse the motor kicks right up out of the water. Can this be repaired, or is it major surgery? Thanks in advance for any advice. Next boat & motor will be power tilt!!! I can't really complain about this one, got a boat in great shape, motor in great shape and a brand new trailer all for free.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Chrysler 75 HP Maunual Tilt Question

Jason, You might luck-out finding a replacement at a marina, but if not, no biggie. The engine kicking-up in reverse is actually a good thing,as long as you can still move at idle in reverse, without it kicking-up. It means, that if you hit something underway, chances of damaging the lower unit are decreased.<br />So if you can still manuever at all, leave it like that.

jrbpit1

Cadet
Re: Chrysler 75 HP Maunual Tilt Question

Thanks 12Footer. I never thought about it that way. It works just fine in reverse at an idle. Once again I thank you.