Chrysler 35 hp 1969,Suddenly no sparks at all

Goprox1

Recruit
Please adwise, i mounted a electric starter with starter solenoid and everything on my 35 hp rope started engine, i took all the components from a scrappy 35 hp electric model, i made new cables except for the magneto plate that i never dismantled.Turned the key on, push the choke i works fine but when the solenoid goes down you can see small sparks in the solenoid.And turned the key all the way, starter works fine,tried again and after 3th short start there are suddenly no sparks at all on the sparkplugs,dismantled the black leads from the stator as i assume are the killing leads but no spark at all on the plugs.Please give some tips to follow up.The interlock switch works fine. Before i started the swap i tested the motor with a drilling machine and a socket and there where fat sparks on both sparkplugs.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You shouldn't be able to see sparks when you activate the choke.
Possible your burning up the condensors when you short the solenoid?

Goprox1

Recruit
I now connected a extra earth cable to the choke solenoid, no sparks in it and it works well now.Hope now i can get the sparks back to the plugs.....

wickware

Lieutenant
I now connected a extra earth cable to the choke solenoid, no sparks in it and it works well now.Hope now i can get the sparks back to the plugs.....
Have you pulled the flywheel and checked your points? When you pull the Flywheel, post a Pic of the points. If you need help pulling the Flywheel search Wickware in the site and you should find Pics and notes. The Clymer Chrysler/Force Outboard Shop Manual was very helpful with Specs and Procedures on the Chrysler 35 HP for me with good details.

I'll try and watch more and "Please Post Some Pics", as you will see I have.

Goprox1

Recruit
Problems solved, when i mounted the new key switch i connected the 2 black kill wire together and on M tab and i grounded the other M tab, totally wrong, no spark. Now i have the leads to each M tab, Sparks good on both cylinders.And key switch works well.Thanks all of you that gave my lots of tips.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
That kind of problem is REALLLY hard to diagnose!!!
Glad you figured it out.