christmas trees in a pond?

trav68

Recruit
Re: christmas trees in a pond?

Oldtyme, Yes I suppose it’s legal – people (and the game warden guys) put out brush and trees a lot – people used to put out tires to catch fish, so I think biodegradable stuff like this is good – I only use one pallet too and the legs can be as long as the water is deep – to work on the angle of the trees – to give a good spread you know – thanks for the feedback – it’s getting close to fishing season here – couple of weeks and it’s on – <br /><br />Walley – let me look and see if I can find a pic to post or send to you – would love to help – think of a table – turned upside down – add 2 (equally spaced) level pieces to the right and left sides (do only on 2 sides then make the 2 sides strong) - put the fat end of the tree through a cement block, and over an upper – or lower level support and nail into place (nail gun is recommended) - Add trees and make a giant upside down spider – my 5 year old called it that. Put 2 or 3 cement blocks if possible, to keep in place.<br /><br />Sorry it took so long to check back – new to this board

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice

thanks - I'll give it a try - Mike

KRS

Banned

Game and Fish instal these devices as part of an overall strategy to improve habitat. Freelancing probably isn't recommeded or sanctioned by the G&F. My first post was serious... you complained about guys keeping fish like they were criminals, but dumping stuff in the local lake needs SomeBodies permission or it will be illegal and irresonsible at the least.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

An article in the recent (March 2005 issue) BASSMASTER magazine ran an informative article on dropping Christmas trees in waters throughout Louisiana. To sum it up, 1,302,000 Christmas trees have been used to create over 40,000 linear feet of brush fencing. To make things more interesting, the project is used as a military training exercise by using A-UH-60 Blackhawk helicoptors and GPS coordinates to strategically place the Christmas trees.<br /><br />The program has been so successful it has stimulated similar projects at Chesapeake Bay, Staten Island, and Weeks Bay in Alabama. This proves that the last present you give during the Christmas season may the the used tree sitting at your curb.