Christmas Songs

NYMINUTE

Captain
Some of these relics need to be 'BANNED" from radio, TV, and all stores including WALMART

one more cast

Captain
Re: Christmas Songs

Christmas shopping without Christmas music would be like ,hum, would be like, Well it just wouldn't be the same.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I love "We Three Kings"<br />Did you catch Jessica Simpson & Boy Toy on a Christmas special the other night?<br />What a travesty-I could only stand a few minutes

KennyKenCan

Commander

I love "Santa Caus and His Old Lady" by Cheech y Chong!<br /><br />Just heard it on the radio!!<br /><br />Why don't they play that at Wal-Mart?

NathanY

Commander

I hate Christmas music. Why do all the radio stations have to start playing it so soon? I think that if they must play it, they should wait until Christmas eve.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I like Grandma got run over by a reindeer.<br />Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

Link

Rear Admiral

I don't mind the music but it Drives me Nuts when they start playing it before Thanks Giving!!!!<br /><br />GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR<br /><br />Rant Over :D

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I like to sing song parodies when the play the instermentals versions....<br />"We Three Kings" goes like this...<br /><br />"We three kings of orient are,<br />Tried to smoke a rubber cigar.<br />It was loaded and it exploded,<br />now we're on wonder star...."<br /><br />"God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen" becomes...<br /><br />"Bug off ye merry gentlemen our Christmas you won't mar...<br /><br />For without a woman giving birth you'd have no superstar..." (My feminist friends like that one...)

sangerwaker

Commander

Have any of you heard the Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas cd? That is my favorite Christmas music. We have two of his cd's. Some are original works and some are twisted versions of classic Christmas songs. Some of them are......well.....just downright twisted!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Nate & Link I think ya both have a good point !!!<br /><br />I love Xmas music!!! But start a couple weeks before xmas!!! ;) :cool:

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

"Grandma got ran over by a reindeer" still makes me laugh out loud and I love to sing along too, for the millionth time! Love that one! Sure glad it wasn't on the list.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's wrong with a little Bing Crosby, Charlie Brown Christmas, or what the hell TransSiberian Orchestra? Will admit, before Thanksgiving is just a bit too early

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Made my first and LAST trip to the mall today - not only did the traffic suck, my C&W station is playing Christmas tunes and you can't get away from them in the mall. It's only 12/4 and I'm tired of it. We've got neighbors who have had lights and lawn toys up since 11/15!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just a note about "I'll be home for Christmas".<br /><br />Listen to the lyric.<br /><br />Think about a freezing soldier in a foxhole in Bastogne, Christmas 1944.<br /><br />Think about a Marine in Fallujah, Christmas, 2004.<br /><br />I do, and it brings tears to my eyes.<br /><br />Think of it as a reminder.