Chris Craft Lancer 19' -23'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANERI0

Recruit
Im currently trying to locate a descent CC Lancer 19' - 23'in the US. So far im not to successful. Im greatful for all hints to where I can find one.<br />Im looking for year models from 1970 to 1974, how are these boats looked upon in the US???<br />/E

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Chris Craft Lancer 19' -23'

I see quite a few of them here on the St.Lawrence River.... 1000 Islands area....<br />The 23'ers are a Beautiful Hull... Rides Very Nice..... The bow rail on my Starcraft Came Off a 23' Lancer....<br />Are you looking for a "Turn Key" boat, or "Project Boat", or Something inbetween ????

LANERI0

Recruit

Hi there Bondo!<br /><br />Im looking for a boat in the category "Something in between" I guess. A clean, working sweet water boat I can put in the water as is would be the best. Engine must run although the long term plan is to get my hands on a new mercruiser and also make the rest of the boat look like new!<br /><br />Any idea what "Something in between" might cost me?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />/Erik

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My pops has a 23' Lancer and loves it. Hopefully I'll inherit it one day (far from now, of course).<br /><br />Heavier than heck an lots of open space. Can't beat it.<br /><br />They were available in I/O and Inboard, with many of the I/O's being Volvo Penta. If you're lucky, you can find a full inboard and not worry about changing anything over. The Volvos are pretty stout as well, but pricey to fix if they break!<br /><br />FWIW, he's had no problems with his Volvo even after an unfortunate encounter with a sand bar!<br />(Repaired skeg and prop, new steering cable(cause for encounter) and all was well again.)<br /><br />I see these boats for sale all over Lake Erie, but usually in the 19' size.

Jim@thePoint

Recruit

I have a 23' "68" Lancer I/O. How do I find out what model Volvo outdrive it is. Can you tell me?

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats, Jim!:cool:

Point of order: Start a new thread rather than resurrecting one from the dead.

Post a picture of your drive, and someone will be able to identify it for you. I take it there are no labels on it.

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Try Boattrader.com. I have also seen a few on Craigslist (California)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Boy someone dug up an old one. 2003 post.

Status
Not open for further replies.