Chris Craft Lancer 19' -23'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LANERI0

Recruit
Im currently trying to locate a descent CC Lancer 19' - 23'in the US. So far im not to successful. Im greatful for all hints to where I can find one.<br />Im looking for year models from 1970 to 1974, how are these boats looked upon in the US???<br />/E

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Chris Craft Lancer 19' -23'

I see quite a few of them here on the St.Lawrence River.... 1000 Islands area....<br />The 23'ers are a Beautiful Hull... Rides Very Nice..... The bow rail on my Starcraft Came Off a 23' Lancer....<br />Are you looking for a "Turn Key" boat, or "Project Boat", or Something inbetween ????

LANERI0

Recruit

Hi there Bondo!<br /><br />Im looking for a boat in the category "Something in between" I guess. A clean, working sweet water boat I can put in the water as is would be the best. Engine must run although the long term plan is to get my hands on a new mercruiser and also make the rest of the boat look like new!<br /><br />Any idea what "Something in between" might cost me?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />/Erik

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My pops has a 23' Lancer and loves it. Hopefully I'll inherit it one day (far from now, of course).<br /><br />Heavier than heck an lots of open space. Can't beat it.<br /><br />They were available in I/O and Inboard, with many of the I/O's being Volvo Penta. If you're lucky, you can find a full inboard and not worry about changing anything over. The Volvos are pretty stout as well, but pricey to fix if they break!<br /><br />FWIW, he's had no problems with his Volvo even after an unfortunate encounter with a sand bar!<br />(Repaired skeg and prop, new steering cable(cause for encounter) and all was well again.)<br /><br />I see these boats for sale all over Lake Erie, but usually in the 19' size.

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

Hey, I know this is a very old thread, but my father in-law has a 19' Lancer that is in pretty good shape that I know he would like to sell.

keyzjames

Recruit

Buying or selling is not allowed in the forum.<br />iboats has a classified section for that.<br />Thanks.

ChrisCraftLvr

Recruit

My next project just followed me home last sunday (kinda funny how they do that). Its a '70 19ft Lancer that is in its original unmolested form - 307Q(200hp), Volvo 270 outdrive. It sat outside for almost 20 years, so the sole and support stringers underneath are completely shot, hull and deck will need painting (gell coat is shot), and the engine is filled with that nice oil and water mix that we all know and hate. What I'm wondering is what is the best combination of engine horsepower for this hull. I have several blocks to choose from and want to know if bumping up the power a bit is wasted effort or not. This is my first fiberglass hull, and first "outdrive" boat, and I realize that packing more power into a hull will produce more speed, but there is also a point at which it becomes just more fuel burned with little or no return when speed and handling is concerned. I have heard that the Volvo 270 can handle a 350 cu/inch, but at what horsepower rating?
So, the question is, what is the sweet spot with this hull as far as horsepower/speed/economy?

rosella

Recruit

Hi there i have a 1972 chris craft 23' lancer located in toronto canada it has a 350Q engine that is full inboard,with a pargon trans. top speed is 32mph.this boat is in great condition and used all summer long,it is a virgin unmolested boat,it comes with a dual axel trailer with working brakes.the wiring has been completely replaced,dual battries and all safety gear.cuddy seats are in top shape. also have a complete spare engine that is ready to go same model and size.would like to sell to someone who will treat her with respect. please call with any questions.shawn 1 416 301 2820:redface::)

craigjudge

Cadet

Did you ever find your lancer? There are several around the northeast for sale in various conditions.
Here's mine.

Attachments

• CIMG9987.jpg
    CIMG9987.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 2
  • gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2
  • CIMG9979.jpg
    CIMG9979.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 2

rboating

Cadet

not a bad looking little lancer you have there craig... i just got mine about three weeks ago has the 307q motor... im not thinking about even replacing it. as it has only sat for 2 years.its going into the shop in a week to get ready for summer.... and to be checked by a mechanic. I could do it but time restraints with work.to much on my plate to remember as it is lol.mine is a 1971 some differences but all pretty subtle.i noticed you changed the steering wheel and painted the console... any reason for it or just prefrence? i been tinkering with boat for a couple three years now and this is the biggest one i have had so far. not the most work to a boat i have had to do...whata blessing....lol just needing some advice on what to do with a few things on mine...i need to find the bimini top for mine as it is missing and only one decal is gone ...other than that 90% in tact on her.ill post a few pics when i get a chance to might be a day or two ...as work is really piling up lol...

Chadsci

Seaman Apprentice

not a bad looking little lancer you have there craig... i just got mine about three weeks ago has the 307q motor... im not thinking about even replacing it. as it has only sat for 2 years.its going into the shop in a week to get ready for summer.... and to be checked by a mechanic. I could do it but time restraints with work.to much on my plate to remember as it is lol.mine is a 1971 some differences but all pretty subtle.i noticed you changed the steering wheel and painted the console... any reason for it or just prefrence? i been tinkering with boat for a couple three years now and this is the biggest one i have had so far. not the most work to a boat i have had to do...whata blessing....lol just needing some advice on what to do with a few things on mine...i need to find the bimini top for mine as it is missing and only one decal is gone ...other than that 90% in tact on her.ill post a few pics when i get a chance to might be a day or two ...as work is really piling up lol...

I see you're from Spitit lake. I just spent the week at Triggs bay on West Okiboji with my family and 67 Lancer 23ft. Would have been nice to see another lancer. I'll be back next year. we always stay the entire 4th or July week.

Chris Craft Lancer is a hard boat to beat. With the deep V hull, it rides awesome. I've had mine for many years. Its already been through 3 tandom axle trailers! Repowered from a 283 sb V8, to a 383 stroker, to a 489 stroker. now putting out right at 550 HP.View attachment 118572 Never thought this boat would do in the upper 50 MPH range, but does and handles great. I also just bought a Chris Craft concept. Won't part with the 1967, it's part of the family aat this point. See the pictures, still needs a litte TLC, but is in excellent shape.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Sorry guys this has gotten to be a selling thread and too many violations.............. and 7 years old:mad:

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.