Chop Sticks

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Chop Sticks

Like Tcube, I got pretty proficient using them in the orient. Unlike Mr. Miyagi, I cannot catch a fly with them. I can pick up single grains of rice with them though.

one more cast

Captain

I tried it just for the heck of it and found using them very rewarding for some reason. Kind of like riding an antique motorcycle on a dirt road instead of the freeway.

spratt

Lieutenant

LF, I have noticed that when I am at a friend's house, the coffee they make is ALWAYS better than teh stuff I make for myself. Someone else's cooking is ALWAYS better...BUT, that is just my imagination, I am sure. And, to be quite honest, I beleive it is your imagination that using sticks makes the food taste better, don't you agree? (Not trying to be ornery or rude, just simply honest)I truly do not believe that one could taste a difference in a bit of rice eaten with a fork vice a set of sticks...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br /> LF, I have noticed that when I am at a friend's house, the coffee they make is ALWAYS better than teh stuff I make for myself. Someone else's cooking is ALWAYS better...BUT, that is just my imagination, I am sure. And, to be quite honest, I beleive it is your imagination that using sticks makes the food taste better, don't you agree? (Not trying to be ornery or rude, just simply honest)I truly do not believe that one could taste a difference in a bit of rice eaten with a fork vice a set of sticks... <br /><br /><br />I still think if you sprinkle a little sawdust on the rice, and eat it with a spoon, the reults will be them same, but eaten faster while it is still hot. Are they oak, maple, or what? :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br /> LF, I have noticed that when I am at a friend's house, the coffee they make is ALWAYS better than teh stuff I make for myself. Someone else's cooking is ALWAYS better...BUT, that is just my imagination, I am sure. And, to be quite honest, I beleive it is your imagination that using sticks makes the food taste better, don't you agree? (Not trying to be ornery or rude, just simply honest)I truly do not believe that one could taste a difference in a bit of rice eaten with a fork vice a set of sticks...
Ok I have to disagree FB. <br /><br />Maybe its because wooden chops sticks pick up the flavor from one item on your plate to another and so on. <br /><br />So, it's not all in my head as you might suggest. :p

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've got to agree with LF on this one (and it's not because I want to eat tonight). She got me started using chopsticks many years ago. She told me the food tasted better and I thought BS so I learned to use them and then did a little taste test and in my opinion it does make a difference. Same way with Chinese beer. It tastes great when eating Chinese food but go buy a 6-pack and pop one just for the heck of it. Only time in my life I ever poured 5 bottles and 11 oz. of beer down the drain.

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, who am I to disagree about the taste, since I don't use them. I never had a probloem with the taste of food while using my stainless fork or spoon, and I don't believe the tast of my wife's lasagna or chicken&rice, or homemade pizza, or anything else can be enhanced with wodden chopsticks...besides, I noticed in a chinese restaurant that they offer plastic ones, must be a cost thing....<br /><br />I say, if it tastes good, eat it!!!!! If it tastes better, eat more!!! Enjoy yer meal tonite LF!!!! Ya earned it :D

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

All that I know is that I eat alot less when trying to use them. Because I get fed up with them and just be done with dinner. <br /><br /><br />Hey I could probly make some Money off a new fangled diet with this. :D :D