Children suffer during the War

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: Children suffer during the War

ROLF(wait a second,I just said Roll On Le Floor)ROFL Rolmops "quackmire" . I'm gonna have to start using that. Really. It's hilarious, and I am not making fun of you if you did it inadvertently . I may agree with you on the point of the diversion of the USA in Iraq. Iran may be doing all they can to keep a lot of resources there, and it is a counter flow current. But (there it is, the inevitable but), Isee it as analogous to the ups and down of a stock's value. We are there next to Iran, we have bases, we have forces, we can strike them from Iraq. I think W took on as much as he thought we could handle at one time, and it will take us a while to gulp Iraq enemies down. It will then be "one down, 2 to go"(Iran, Korea)of the tough nuts to crack. I suspect that Syria and others will be easier to manage. Korea will be tough because the man is mad, but pressure is being brought to bear on them by the multilateral talks(aside: Consensus man Kerry wants bilateral talks w Korea) which include China so that effort is being run in parallel. Iran is the toughest because is made up of the same kinds of extreemists as Alqeda. I think that we are surrounding them (Iran) and as time goes on their power will wane while we deal with Iraq. This is a broad war and will take a while as stated in the axis of evil speech which we all(except Plywoody) thought sounded sensible in the immediate aftermath of 911. We've already modified the attitudes of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and maybe Russia. Do you think mealy mouthed Gore or Kerry could have accomplished that had it been their watch at the time of 911 by close coordination with Hans Blix, Koffi, Chirac, Schröder?? . No way Jose. This one's for you undecided Jtexas . Stay the course...W'04

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Well, with the millions we pump into Isreal, we can assume they are on our side. We have set up governments in Afghanistan, and now Iraq, which we can assume are loyal to us.<br /><br />Iran is now surrounded. With U.S. allies and Capitalist economies throughout the middle-east, Iran can't hold it's position of power much longer. I don't think Iran was the sole driving motive behind all our involvment in the middle-east, but I bet it's been a big contributing factor.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by knobby:<br /> I agree Pointer. But I think we're going about it wrong. The British tried to fight America with conventional warfare of their day, didn't work back in 1776. We tried it in Vietnam, didn't work.
I think we should clarify what did not work in Vietnam. It was the fact that politicians were meddling in the fighting. What worked to bring the North Vietnamese to the negotiaing table was the heavy bombing of the the north, specifically Hanoi. And if it worked well enough to do that, I believe it may have worked well enough to win the war. Unfortunately, the political will of the nation just wasn't there anymore, but that's another subject altogether---and one I hope we don't get into here.<br /><br />I agree that different tactics ought to be tried out, but I am confident that the leadership is fully aware and knows what it's doing. I suspect there are a lot of things going on that are not publicized because the American press would compromise the efforts. <br /><br />The single biggest thing we can do as a country is to unite and put a stop to all the political posturing on Iraq. All it is accomplishing is encouragement of the enemy and putting our troops at greater risk.<br /><br /><br />-dd-