Chicken recipes

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Okay. Let's have 'em. I need some new ideas for cooking,baking, anything to chicken. Any ideas?<br />Bassy

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Chicken recipes

My favorite, but not new, is to marrinate skinless breasts, chicken of course, in italian dressing. 30 minutes minimum and grill!

Link

Rear Admiral

Bassy <br />About a year ago I went all out. I fried the skinned chicken breats in butter then added lemon juice and brown sugar etc etc.. then peppered .. turned out great! The next night we were doing dinner with her mother.. she (my wife) just fried the stupid chicken breasts in butter and added lemon pepper to it.. tasted almost the same! Ugg .... Why do I try! :) Love cooking... <br /><br />Link

crab bait

Captain

boil chicken... dump on ketsup an eat..<br /><br />no really,, it's great.. but instead of ketsup use a small can of red or white clam sause..an doc it up any whichway you want.<br /><br />with me,, the doctorin' can be more the the meal.. i.e. garlic, olive oil, cheese, hot sause,ect..

Trent

Captain

Chicken Spagetti:<br /><br />3 LBS cooked (boiled) chicken<br />12 oz angel hair spagetti<br />3/4 cup each onion and celery<br />28 oz cream of chicken soup<br />1 1/2 Cup Velvelta cheese<br />1 cup milk<br />1 jar piemento<br />Cook chicken and spagetti in chicken water.<br />Sautee onions and celery.<br />Put all in oven for 20 min. at 350.<br />You can use bell pepper instead of celery if you like.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

chicken rosemary :) <br />put a split or 2 half chickens in baking pan.<br />add about 1/4" water to bottom of pan.<br />squeeze half lemon on top of each, then place<br />lemon pieces on top of chicken.<br />sprinkle with good amount of fresh rosemary.<br />(if using dried, use a bit less)<br />EDIT: forgot... slice/add one big clove of garlic<br />and put on top of each half.<br />salt and pepper to taste. (I like extra pepper)<br />place tab of butter on each half.<br />cover with foil and bake at 375-400 for about 45-60min.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Meal-all-in-one":<br />Take chicken breast, put in 9X11 baking pan on top of some foil.<br /><br />Now put all you veggies in there with them, green beans, corn, etc.<br />Season the way you want.<br /><br />Cover up with foil, bake at 400 for one hour, wallaaa, meal, all in one.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hey, that's MY camping recipe SBN :p cept put in<br />hot coals, not oven. sub. fresh fish fillets for<br />chicken too...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br />hey, that's MY camping recipe SBN :p cept put in<br />hot coals, not oven. sub. fresh fish fillets for<br />chicken too...
Hey, you can use anything in it, pork chops, fish, chicken, just whatever your mind says to use.<br /><br />The best part is that it's healthy. :cool:

18rabbit

Captain

I like whole chicken because it costs less. Regardless of how it is prepared; I almost always cook two at once. The other chicken inevitably ends up in a recipe that calls for chicken meat…like a tetrazini. :) <br /><br />This is quick, easy and with a delicate flavor.<br /><br />3 ½ - 4 lb whole fryer<br />pepper<br />1 cup chopped celery leaves<br />1 cup chopped fresh cilantro<br />8 sprigs fresh rosemary (or ¾ tsp dried)<br />½ cup sake<br /><br />Remove neck, giblets…feed giblets to dog. Cut off any lumps of fat, wash/dry the chicken. Pepper inside the cavity.<br /><br />Mix celery leaves, cilantro, rosemary and ¼ cup sake. Stuff inside cavity. Sew up the chicken and toss in the fridge for a couple hours.<br /><br />BBQ with indirect heat, pan below chicken to collect drippings. Start with the breast side down for 30 min. Then turn breast up, brush the other ¼ cup of sake over the chicken, finish cooking, about 30-35 min more.<br /><br />Discard stuffing, spoon dripping over chicken parts.

JB

I roast whole fryer/broilers on those little racks that stand them up in the oven so that fat and juices all drain into a little pan.<br /><br />I prefer them with the skin on, but it works just as well on a skinned bird.<br /><br />Before putting the bird on the rack, I dry it, then wet it with a dry wine, roll it in a mix of salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, paprika and parsley. Then I dust the inside of the bird with the same mix.<br /><br />About an hour at 350* and VIOLA!! <br /><br />Gooder'n bugs. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Wonderful! Thanks!<br />Bassy :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Dress and clean some fresh road kill. <br />Raccoon is popular this time of year.<br />Marinate overnight in a mix of vinegar, garlic, tobasco, salt.<br />Place in greased baking dish, roast for 1 hour.<br />Pour marinade over the top and roast another 30 minutes.<br /><br />Mmmmm. Tastes just like chicken!!!

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm at work now, when I get home I will post what I think is the best marinade I have ever tasted.<br />Use with skinless,boneless breats, marinade about 3-4 hours in the fridge, cook however.<br /><br />Will report back sometime tonight. <br /><br />Now I think about it. This may be supper tonight :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry Roscoe,just can't do that roadkill. Yuck! Just can't see it happening in my kitchen. Glad to hear you are helping the buzzards keep the roads cleaned up. ;) <br />Bassy

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Here is one that I really like from the "LION'S CLUBS COOKBOOK."<br /><br />>>>>>>>>YUMMY CHICKEN<<<<<<<<<br /><br />Six Boneless/Skinless Chicken B-R-E-A-S-T-S<br />Six Slices "SWISS"Cheese <br />Two Cans Cream Of Chicken Soup OR Mix And Match With Cream Of Celery,Cream Of Mushroom>>>Etc.<br />One Box Stove Top Stuffing<br />Four Tbsp.Melted Butter<br /><br />Place One Half Of The Soup=Undiluted=In A Baking/Chafing Dish.Place Chicken In Pan Next.Place One Slice"SWISS"Cheese on Each Piece Of Chicken.Add Remaining Soup.Sprinkle Stuffing=DRY=ON Top.Drizzle With Melted Butter.Bake At 350 Degrees For 1 And 1/2 Hours.<br /><br />>>>>>>>>YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<<<<<<<br /><br />P.S.....I personally like mine more moist so I mix 1/4 Cup Milk In EACH Can Of Soup.<br /><br />>>>>>>>>ENJOY<<<<<<<<

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Once a year we do a "drunk Chicken".<br />an open can of beer in a roasting pan...set the chicken butt first over the can and prop the chicken so you don't lose any beer...roast at 225 for 4-6 hours and wala...scrumdididlyumpsious...cover the pan so's it don't dry out

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's mine.<br /><br />Chicken marinade:<br /><br />1 cup water<br />1/2 cup vinegar<br />1 tbls Worchestershire<br />1 stick butter<br />1/8 cup sugar<br />4 teaspoon salt<br />1 teaspoon pepper<br />1 teaspoon garlic powder<br /><br />Boil. <br />Done.<br />Take my word for it. A delicious & easy marinade.<br /><br />I've been wanting to try that "beer butt chicken" :p . I've heard a lot about it, just never tried it.

one more cast

Captain

I have two good ones.<br /> CHICKEN RIGGIES<br /> <br /> 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed<br /> 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes<br /> 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, chopped<br /> 1 onion chopped<br /> 1 (8 oz.)package fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped<br /> 1 can black olives<br /> 2 cups Alfredo sauce<br /> <br /> Saute chicken until well browned, add peppers onions,and mushrooms ,cook until tender, add tomatoes and simmer about 10-15 mins. add Alfredo sauce and olives, simmer 5-10 mins and serve over cooked rigatoni.<br /> <br /> BBQ CHICKEN for 5 lbs.<br /><br /> 2 1/2 cups vinegar<br /> 1 1/4 cups oil<br /> 2 Tbs salt<br /> 3/4 tsp pepper<br /> 7 tsp poultry seasoning<br /> 1 extra large or 2 small eggs<br /> 1 Tbs mustard<br /> 1 Tbs ketsup<br /><br /> Blend all and pour over chicken, let stand in fridge over night or at least 6 hours and cook on grill.