Chevy Dealers and the Colorado

Realgun

Commander
I bought a new truck on July 31st.<br />Was my first ever Chverolet product.<br /><br />Brakes were out of round so it shuddered to a stop and the tailgate would not open or lock.<br /><br />Those were fixed by the service guys with no hastles.<br /><br />The truck was supposed to come with carpeted floor mats "Dealer installed".<br /><br />I was promist they would be in and installed in ten days. Its been 23 so far.<br /><br />Let me tell you what happened in just trying to get the floor mats.<br /><br />Called sales guy said sorry not in yet. This was 12 days after I bought truck.<br /><br />Called Customer service just to make sure somebody knew what was going on on this deal.<br /><br />They put me on hold so they could call dealer.<br />They told me everything was fine. customer Service talk to Tony Martinez Sales Manager and he will install said floor mats.<br /><br />Go down to dealer and talked to Tony. Not a pleasent person and he told me the mats are on back order. This really p^ss#d me off. I told him that the wife also got a new Van from Dodge and hers came with the mats, the Fords I got always had then too.<br /><br />He then told me if I wanted a carpeted set to go to Walmart.<br /><br />Needless to say I walked out of the place. And told everyone in hearing I will never buy another chevy product!<br /><br />I called Customer Service back and they offered me the Free oil change. Oh well.<br /><br />Will I ever Buy another GM product?<br />Not in My lifetime!!!<br /><br />Oh and I am looking all over the net to find things for the service dept to fix.<br /><br />Found 5 so far. :) <br /><br />I will just keep them busy till the Extended warrantee goes or I sell the truck.<br /><br />If Ford had a 4 door truck in the Ranger size, other than the Sport Trac, I would be a lot happier to say the least.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Chevy Dealers and the Colorado

Ouch. Both my Dodge Truck and Jeep Grand Cherokee had the first free service.<br />Man that sucks.<br /><br />Oh yea, they both came with carpeted mats.

don flowers

Seaman

Owned Chevrolets all my life, very pleased, mine came with mats. Sorry you had such a bad experience. Maybe you need to go over the service managers head. Maybe to the owner. If I owned a dealership I would want to know my people were not doing their job.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Realgun, there are tons of bad dealers out there with poor customer service. From all the brands. I can guarantee there is at least one dissatified Lexus owner.<br /><br />FYI, every service department I have ever dealt with has a "Tony" working there. :mad: <br /><br />Ken

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If the mats were on the vehicle sticker then they owe them to you. They may indeed be on backorder. <br /><br />You have a few avenues to follow for complaints..... <br /><br />Contact the State Consumer Protection office and explain your story and ask for assistance.<br /><br />Call General Motors (you might be able to call the area GM Rep if the dealership will give up his name and number)<br /><br />Speak with the dealership owner.<br /><br />Since I work at a chevrolet dealer and I am the "internet person" I have access to your "vehicle build" sheet. This will give everything that is in your vehicle when it was built and is dictated by your VIN.<br /><br />Email me your VIN and I will e-mail you a vehicle build sheet. rpf924 @ hotmail<br /><br />Bob

one more cast

Captain

I bought a new chevy silverado 4x4 in 2002 and the quality is just not up to par. My last ford wasn't any better though and I couldn't afford to put gas in a dodge. Hey Flathead, How do you like that new toyota?

dogsdad

Lieutenant

If I owned or managed that dealership, and I got wind of this guy's remark about buying floor mats at Walmart, they would be getting a new service manager.

Ron G

Commander

I hate those D*m tonys,sorry you had bad experince but there are lots of dealers out there like that,Id be calling the owner or the rep.

KRS

Banned

Each department within the dealer has a budget to meet. If the sales people promise "stuff" and it comes out of the parts people pocket, they are unlikely to offer it easily.<br /><br />Typically the feud between the departments is SIGNIFICANT.<br /><br />You've exhausted all means available to a typical consumer... it's time to climb the ladder and get some action. No shame in naming names now, you've done your part.

Realgun

Commander

I will Email you the VIN. I know what it says I have the sticker here.<br /><br />Oh and BTW can't see the Vin in winshield as there is a foam insert covering it.<br /><br />Dealer is gonna fix that too.<br /><br />Aircon make whistle noise when compresser is on really wierd thought a window was opened a bit or not shut tight.<br /><br />Hood is so weak you can put a finger in the middle and push it down. Thought it was strange as I have never had a hood that weak! And the fact that it fairly heavy I can't figure that.<br /><br />Oh well I bought it due to being in my target range of price/features.<br /><br />To bad the Toyota/Nissan were 3000 to high.<br /><br />Dodge is a joke For milage and tranny reliability and the Wife Just had to have the Dodge van.<br /><br />At least it perfoms well, there are no issues to find and believe me I have lloked and darn if the floor mats were not in the vehicle at delivery.<br /><br />My sales guy did put some cheap rubber mats in mine so I know I should not complain BUT!!! He promised me I would get then within 10 days Liar!<br /><br />OH my Blood prsure is normal will leave gun at home when I pickup the truck just to keep me outa jail.<br /><br />Thanks for letting me vent here peoples.<br /><br />And yes we can easily afford the two new vehicles in the driveway only the boat is old but renewed!<br /><br />I hate that Force motor I just can't kill it.<br />I really want that new Evinrude but dare not tempt fate by running it no oil. The wife would probably just make me rebuild it anyway. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Doesn't sound like your beef is with Chevy, or GM, it is with the dealership. GM does not own the dealerships, so they can only "stronly suggest" to a dealership how to handle something (unless it is warranty work). Remember, it was "DEALER INSTALLED" floor mats. <br /><br />As already stated here, give GM Customer Cares a call and let them know the story. Also try to talk with the Owner or General Manager. Let them know how you feel about the service. Remain polite unless all else fails. Shouting that you are never going to purchase another vehicle there does not help - what do they have to gain for helping you or doing what is right?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, talk to the owner of the dealership to get something done now.<br />You have talked to your salesman with no good outcome, now it's time to move on and the owner is the best you can do.

D

DJ

Your beef is with the dealer.<br /><br />Do so, calmly!!!!.<br /><br />Pitching a fit gets everyone on the defensive. People in a "defensive mode" are much less likely to try and help. That's human nature. You've been there yourself-I'll bet.<br /><br />I'm not defending GM. My last three Fords (F-150, Mustang, Freestyle) are PERFECT.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The reality might be that the mats were lost and the dealer did not make a transportation claim.... or a differant vehicle was ordered without mats and some sales person just lifted them from yours.<br /><br />I presented this problem at work today and if it was our dealership we would make it right even if we had to remove a set from a in stock vehicle then re-order them.<br /><br />The money spent on the mats either will get charged against the new car depatment bottom line or as a transportation claim (which it is actually too late to file).<br /><br />If you have not yet received your purchase and delivery satisfaction report fill it out honestly because anything less than "completely satisfied" will sour the management. :eek: <br /><br />Bob

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> I bought a new Chevy silverado 4x4 in 2002 and the quality is just not up to par. My last ford wasn't any better though and I couldn't afford to put gas in a dodge. Hey Flathead, How do you like that new Toyota?
OMC I really like it. Not sorry one bit that I went with it. <br /><br />Realgun, I am surprised the Toyota was 3000 higher than the Chev. I got a Toyota better equipped than the Chevy at the same price. <br /><br />Good luck with the dealer. It is always annoying when you plunk down over 20,000 for a car and they stick ya for some nonsense like floor mats. No reason for that to happen.

Realgun

Commander

Went back to dealer to pickup the truck for the minor items. Two still not done due to national backorder. That really made me mad as they had the vehicle overnight and said the parts were coming in the NEXT day.<br /><br />Talked again to Tony and he actually got a set from another vehicle. They were dirty and stained (Vehicle not sold for a while I guess) But they are in the truck.<br /><br />Service tech said I should call tony and get the new mats that are supposed to be coming in.<br /><br />I hate to say this but I am seriously considering trading my new POS for a Toyota and loseing a few dollars rather than keep a vehicle I am beginning to dislike!!!<br /><br />
<br />If you have not yet received your purchase and delivery satisfaction report fill it out honestly because anything less than "completely satisfied" will sour the management.
I think they know how thats going to be filled out!<br /><br />Personnally I don't need that Free tank of gas for lying on the report either, which I should report as well!

D

DJ

Trading it will KILL you, finacially. For what, a "perceived" better value? Perception is not NOT always reality.<br /><br />As stated, go to the top of the dealership-CALMLY!!! HOLD YOUR COOL!<br /><br />You'll get what you are after. Trust me. Being in the biz, I can tell you that a little sugar goes allot farther than &*(^ and vinegar.<br /><br />That stands true for no matter what brand. People are people. Work with them, not against them.

Ralph 123

Captain

I bought the wife a Grand Cherokee - the rear shocks fell off, then the rear-end went - all in the first month. I took it back to the dealership and made them give me my money back (we have a lemon law in MA). If you are going to hate the truck, take it back right now and force a trade.

Realgun

Commander

You guys are right the problems is there are just wee little things that are annoying to me. Floor mats shouldn't be but were. The truck runs Ok all issues can be fixed either by the Dealer or me.<br /><br />The tires are horrible but I guess they get the cheapest they can find and they did!<br /><br />Hood middle is weak but light. I still think they could have done a better job of stiffening it.<br /><br />AirConditioner noise should never have been let out to MFG IMHO. But at least its fixed.<br /><br />Gas gauge dinging low fuel when put in reverse at anything under 1/4 tank was fixed with computer update.<br /><br />Same update fixed vibration at idle but introduced it at light trottle acceleration. <br /><br />Thing is the Last three Fords had no Little things go wrong and everything worked.<br /><br />The Ranger of 2003 did have a no start due to coolant senser failure however. This was at 16,000 miles. Happened Saturday morning had truck back that Afternoon. Was not the selling dealer either.<br /><br />I got the Colorado for 5 things-<br /><br />1. Had 4 doors and rear seat was roomy and upright.<br />2. Power was good.<br />3. Ride was slighly better than Ranger and on par with the 2001 Supercrew.<br />4. Gas mileage.<br />5. Roomy interior if Plain.<br /><br /><br />I will replace the tires later after they wear out. Will add stabilizer bar to rear to correct the leaning in turns. Will need to add brakes to trailer even though it weighs less than 2000 Lbs 1960lbs loaded likes its going to the lake.<br /><br />Oh well I looked at the Toyota and the 4 door in 2wd only comes with a 3400 dollar PKG I don't want. <br />Nissan was nice but it was tight and the kids did not like the rear seat said that sat to upright.<br /><br />Oh well. I will pass on Dodge it looks wierd and the reliability is not up to par. And I know they get worst than my F-150 for milage even with the V-6.

Realgun

Commander

If you have not yet received your purchase and delivery satisfaction report fill it out honestly because anything less than "completely satisfied" will sour the management
Hope thy know how to pucker. :D <br /><br />Filled it out and added lots of commennts.<br /><br />ma favorite was check this box if you no longer have the vehicle.<br /><br />Wrote- I am so sorry I can't check this box.<br /><br />Nothing will happen i know that they will continue to fix whatever is an issue but the dealer is getting some really bad publicity.<br /><br />I wonder if I got a sign and sat in front of the dealer if they would buy the truck back?<br /><br />I know i am just really mad about the whole deal after I had the truck I found these little things.