Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon

Jinx your half right. My Manuel states. "Select octane rating of 87 or better". I think that puts it in the regular gas range. It does state that for increased performance you can use a higher octane.<br /><br />I have the access cab 4+4, 6 speed manuel,6 CYL, with the towing package<br /><br />If'n it ran on premo stuff It would still be on the dealers lot.

Realgun

Commander
Re: Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon

I liked it until yesterday when we towed with it and now I have my reservations.
Hmmm I like the way it pulls my boat and its about 2500 lbs and we had all the stuff we take with us on the short trip. Mines the 3.5 5 Cylinder and 4 speed auto with 3.73 rearend and its a Crewcab. I liked the way it tows better than eith the Ford Ranger 3.0 Supercab or the F-150 SuperCrew with the 5.4L V-8. It seems more controled. Pulling power is fine as I have some big hills here. While the F-150 does not lack for torque it seems to downsift on every hill so I leave it in third when towing.<br /><br />Will do the longer normal trip to see what the milage is and if it can maintain the speed limit on the hills. so far it can but these hills are smaller than the hills down to the Butte.<br /><br />Speed limit is 75 BTW.