Check this out.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Here is the complete story, but this part below is really bad.<br /><br /> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20040929/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ads_blacks <br /><br />**********************************************<br />Rep. John Lewis , a black Democrat from Georgia, called the ads "repugnant, vicious" and filled with "outright lies that distort the facts." <br /><br />"They are a deliberate, systematic effort to try to discourage African-American voters from turning out and voting," Lewis said. "These people know that the African-American vote is not going to go to the Republicans. The whole idea is to confuse people and raise doubts in their minds." <br /><br />***********************************************<br /><br />Rep John Lewis just called black people close minded, easily discouraged, and easily confused. Kinda weird considering he is black himself.<br /><br />Will the media ever call people like Rep John Lewis for what they really are, racists?<br /><br />Edit: I didnt see the ad he was complaining about, I couldnt get past his stupid comments.<br /><br />Ken

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Check this out.

Ken,<br /><br />I am going to take a pass on this one out of consideration to what I might say. Great point, on the topic of who really helps who!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Nadler says "they want democrats to vote republican."<br />Rep. Lewis says "they want democrats to not vote at all."<br /><br />Why is Rep. Lewis complaining about that? It's better for the democratic party if a voter abstains than if he/she crosses over to republican! This is just typical politi-speak. What is a political campaign, if not a "...deliberate, systematic effort to try..." to influence voting behavior? Is there something wrong with that? It's the American way!<br /><br />I read the text of the ad, and it is pretty vicious and repugnant; I'd be ashamed to be part of the group that sponsors that kind of thing. But I will defend to the death their right to say it!

ebbtide176

Commander

i could say, well better not say what i feel are the real goals of rep lewis, but i will say - he's so full of it, his eyes are brown... there, that's not too harsh, is it? :D <br /><br />i lol when i get a popup for subscribing to the atlanta journal constipation. lewis, sharpton, & jjackson all have the victim status plea down pat.<br /><br />thanx to guys like them, neal boortz is so popular around here

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

True, but the only thing is, the same people those three like to say they represent, have lied so many times, they are beginning to smell the real rats.<br />I look-forward to the slow,methodical shift to the right over the next few years. It has already begun.