Check this out, Movie I made....Works Now

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
A buddy of mine bought 2 Jet Skis this last month. <br />I was on the deck boat and took some digital video of them with my Sony Mavica CD-R digital camera. It records video for up to 15 seconds, not great but kinda neat...<br />I use Movie Maker which comes with Win XP service pack 2. <br />I've never used it before but it was really easy to make the movie, just drag n drop. The hardest part was deciding the music to go with it. <br />It took me maybe 35-45 minutes to put this together.<br />I also used a program called "Fraps" to capture footage from my Flight Sim 2004 of me landing on the lake the jet ski footage was shot at. (Lake Dora @ Tavares, FL.)<br />I just imported that footage into the real video.<br /><br />Sorry, I just got the video uploaded, it works now. I exceeded my allowed space and had to remove files. It is about 22 megs in size.<br /><br />Also, I had to upload a version that does not have the Flight Sim footage in it.<br /><br />Heres the link<br /> http://home.comcast.net/~tpd211/Movie.wmv

one more cast

Captain
Re: Check this out, Movie I made....Works Now

Triggerr, for some reason the clip stops right after the jet ski starts.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Linkie no workie

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

no work here

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Crap, looks like I deleted my avatar image also.....

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Worked good for me just now.<br />Like that music too.<br /><br />You on the deck boat that they are jumping the waves of?

SoulWinner

Commander

Dude!!!! That is really REALLY neat!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I keep getting a networking connection has failed?<br />is there a way to refresh Windows media player,without clearing history?

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

All I get is the song no move must be a media video I don’t have downloaded

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

SBN, Yes Im on the deckboat.<br /><br />Fixin, No clue?<br /><br />DK990496 Its in .wmv extension, should play in any of the microsoft media player series.

aspeck

Staff member

Man, 20 minutes of waiting and I was still at only 5%! Dang dial-up!

spratt

Lieutenant

Nice movie, dude!!! Good job, worked fine for me!! You did really great putting that together...and you did all that with a Mavica? I owned one of those with a 1.44 disk...it would take one omiute of video and sound. I now have an HP camera, adn really it is my wife's...I want to get one with a high power zoom, perhaps an SLR body, but that is a lot of cashola:) Keep up the great work!!! Memoried in teh making:)

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Oh no! The new Michael Moore :) That must have been jet-ski 9-11 :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Neat... VERY kewl!
58.gif
How did you find a host for that? I have a short DV I'd like everyone with an inboard boat to see, but haven't figured out whare to u/l it so folks could link to it.

ndemge

Commander

That's really good quality!<br /><br />Will hopefully have my server up at home next week to be able to put all my videos and such on. only 256 upload at home though, so deffinitly not a great connection, but can't beat free :)

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Cool video... but that white haired dude could be my twin... eerie.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Man, 20 minutes of waiting and I was still at only 5%! Dang dial-up!
Hey aspeck BTDT :( but even with dsl it took like 4-6 mintutes to load and I was getting real bored!<br /><br />However Triggerr Great job! Liked the way you cut and spliced (old terms) between scenes! Just when I was starting to feel (big headed) about getting a picture scanned in or getting a avatar to work you show us this! Arrrg <br />That was really great. :)

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very great movie Triggerr. It took about 10seconds to load in media player (cable high speed). Seems like a very pretty lake too.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Way Cool Flick triggerr....enjoyed it much!! :) :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now that was way cool! and that was some glassy water. Ahh! Waterskiing heaven! I could tear that water up! Now you got me missing summer already. Thanks. But hey that was sure a pretty video. Thanks for sharing.<br />Bassy