Chatrooms or More Sites Like This?

Tinman

Cadet
Do any of you know of any boating chatrooms or other boards like this one? I have come up dry in my searches, but DID find one for "lesbian love boat" which really wasn't my type of place LOL.<br /><br />Let me know where you all hang out, either that or you can come on over to my chatroom at: http://www.fishaholics.org but it is geared more towards tropical fish keeping rather than "REAL" fishing. There is never a set topic, more less a bunch of friends shooting the breeze about anything that comes up. <br /><br />
tinman.gif

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Chatrooms or More Sites Like This?

Howdy, Tinman.<br /><br />Nice to see you here. Not really a chat type, but glad to see you any time. :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I like it here on Iboats! A chat room might monopolize or wear out any good person. I type slowly (as compared to an office person) and it would only further to slow the board. <br /><br />On a brighter note....tropical fish are good bait but carry a hefty fine if you get caught using them.<br /><br />Bob :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Bob, I too, am a "peck-typist". I may be good for 15WPM,but surely, no more...Much less, when I've been at it all day at werk (which sometimes happens-see "Dump your oil anywhere you wish" thread).<br />But be proud of the fact that you are here,in spite of low speeds at the keyz.<br />OTS, I would like a chatroom here. It would be a hoot to type real-time to these folks. But I can see it would be a moderator's worse nightmare, in all probability.<br />(Knowing how us sailors talk).

Tinman

Cadet

Being a chatroom moderator is really no trouble at all, the log in screen has some very cut and dried rules, if you break them you are asked to clean your act, When I am at the controls they do not get a second chance, they are booted, but in the last few years I have only had to boot 2 people out of several thousand visitors.<br /><br />Chatrroms as a whole have got a bad rap because of the juvinile antics found in Yahoo and other chat places, in a place like this with a captive audience it would be a snap, we are all here due to a common interest, it really is fun to sit and shoot the breeze and get to know people, not to mention the boasting, bragging, and teasing that goes back and forth between members.<br /><br />One other plus is it'd help the members of the "Hunt & Peck" club develope some better typing skills LOL<br /><br />ttyl<br /><br />Tinman