Chat trivia

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
As many of the members know, I started a yahoo group in June of last year and right now we have 96 members.<br />We were up over a 100 but some have went by the wayside.<br /><br />But anyhow, the reason for the post is to let any new members know about the group and if interested, then you can go here,<br /> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iboatsmembers/ <br />and join up if you wish.<br /><br />Another reason for the post is just what the subject says.<br />Every Wednesday night starting at 7PM EST. we will have a trivia night.<br /><br />Now before I get to the how and what's, let me say that some of the members have been having trouble with the yahoo chat room so I made another chat site for us to use.<br /><br />You can find it here.<br /> http://mypeoplepc.com/members/grizzlybear310/iboats/ <br />No special anything to download, just enter your nic in the box and enter the room.<br /><br />If it don't want to work the first time and you use a pop up blocker, just hold down your ctrl button while you enter.<br /><br />Now I wish the members would use the name they use on here if you would.<br /><br />This is how it will work.<br />At 7 sharp, I will post the first question.<br />You then have 2 minutes to post your answer.<br /><br />After that 2 minutes is up, a new question will be posted.<br /><br />There will be 10 questions all together.<br /><br />These questions will have to do with boating and fishing only.<br /><br />I will and have asked one of my members to provide the questions and answers.<br />None of them will be mine.<br /><br />I have also asked my 2 mods to help out in keeping score as to who answers what etc.<br /><br />Let it be clear, that it is who answers with the right answer first that will be declared the correct answer.<br /><br />I have nothing to give the winner as of yet, but maybe someone(hint, hint) would not care to throw something in for the prize.<br />Nothing big, just a little something.<br /><br />The winner will be the one that answers the most questions right, first.<br /><br />If after the 10 questions are asked and answered, we have a tie, I will ask a tiebreaker question to decide the winner.<br /><br />It will be fun so come one, come all.<br />Will see you there.<br /><br />Any questions, please feel free to ask.<br /><br />Also mods, if it would be alright, I would like to post this in some of the other forums.<br />Let me know please.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Chat trivia

Hey SBN,<br /><br />What time is 7pm EST in GMT? (That way I can convert it to WST, in Australia). 'Cause I'm interested!!<br /><br />Chris...........

SpinnerBait_Nut

Chris, it looks like you are about 12 hours ahead of me.<br /><br />It is now somewhere around 20:00:00 hours there and it is 08:02:45 here. That is EST.<br />It's almost Tuesday where you are.<br /><br />Region<br />Australia <br /><br />Location<br />Perth - Western Australia <br /><br />Geographical Location<br />31° 57' S, 115° 51' E <br /><br />Current Local Time<br />Mon Oct 18 19:58:08 2004 <br />Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)<br /><br />Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)<br />Mon Oct 18 11:58:08 2004 <br /><br />Local Time Zone <br />GMT+0800 <br /><br />Currently Observing<br />Standard Time

JB

I think you have posted this in the correct forum for the topic, SBN.<br /><br />Please don't duplicate it.<br /><br />Thanks, and good luck. :)

mattttt25

Commander

sbn- just to be clear, the second chat site is where this will be happening? not the yahoo site?

KaGee

Admiral

Just submitted an application to to join the Yahoo group.

SpinnerBait_Nut

update: Just got the donor for the prize for the winner of the trivia.<br /><br />iboats has throwed in a $10 gift certificate to the winner.<br /><br />Thanks iboats. :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Aldo, when you get there and that happens, just refresh the page and it will work.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I tried to go there and it let me enter the chat room but when I typed something in the box I couldn't get it to send it. I know I'm married to a blonde but what the heck am I doing wrong?

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I just tried it and it seems to be working. When I type something and hit return it puts my comment on the screen. I'd try Wed. but I've got a game to watch and I'm going to the daughter/son-in-laws. Any other times I can try this week?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea Mr. LF, that's the way it works.<br />You type something in and hit return and it puts it up on the chat screen.<br /><br />Well, sorry you can't make it this week, but maybe next week.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Just a reminder about the trivia tonight in chat.<br />Hope to see a bunch there.<br /><br />Next week, I will try to set it up for during the daytime to give more folks a chance to do it.