charges dropped on mailbox bombers

one more cast

Captain
We had a bunch of kids arrested for making bombs out of (EDIT: Lets not post recipes.)and putting them in mail boxes. I just heard on the news that all charges were dropped because someone screwed up the paper work.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: charges dropped on mailbox bombers

Same issue here in Fort Wayne. The city was blaming a recycle outfit for loud Booms. Now they are on to the soda bottle bombs. I see in the future all bottlers will have put warnings on their containers so the butthead punks won't do that. :mad:

KaGee

Admiral

My youngest boy got arrested for doing that with a friend. His friend was trying to scare the crap out of some other guy who was messing with his girlfriend. So they set one off on the kid's back porch. The kid's mama called the cops. <br /><br />Both my boy and his buddy lied to the investigating detective, so... he threw the book at them. <br /><br />The judge reduced the charge... it was some insane felony explosives charge. He had to pay a fine, costs and lawyer. A costly mistake for him.... more ways than one... 'ole dad made him stay in jail until he could find a way to get himself out! <br /> ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Same issue here in Fort Wayne. The city was blaming a recycle outfit for loud Booms. Now they are on to the soda bottle bombs. I see in the future all bottlers will have put warnings on their containers so the butthead punks won't do that. :mad:
Won't be long before someone is injured badly or killed with one of those things! Can you imagine how far and with how much force the cap could be shot??? Lord only knows what they will begin armind those bottle necks with... Someone better prepare for a lobbying group to have pop bottles placed on the list of outlawed dangerous deadly weapons...Heck, someone armed with a six pack of those things loaded up could take on a whole group of hunters or the like...but certainly the bottles are the danger, not the bottler holder!! We DO have to keep things in perspective...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br />
Won't be long before someone is injured badly or killed with one of those things! Can you imagine how far and with how much force the cap could be shot??? Lord only knows what they will begin armind those bottle necks with... Someone better prepare for a lobbying group to have pop bottles placed on the list of outlawed dangerous deadly weapons...Heck, someone armed with a six pack of those things loaded up could take on a whole group of hunters or the like...but certainly the bottles are the danger, not the bottler holder!! We DO have to keep things in perspective... [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />I can see the attorneys lining up outside the bottleing plant as we post. The oil companies are safe however....Nobody sues them.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Do you have a link to a website with a diagram on how to build these bombs?<br /><br />Just in case I have to dismantle one, of course!<br /> :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Do you have a link to a website with a diagram on how to build these bombs?<br /><br />Just in case I have to dismantle one, of course!<br /> :)
I think you have to buy a new U2 CD. What am I thinking???? :confused: :confused:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Just do a Yahoo search on "soda bottle bomb" and you will get all the info you need.<br /><br />And what ever you do, never pour DOT3 brake fluid on a pile of swimming pool shock powder! I know, I know, it sounds like a very unlikely situation to occur, but I accidentally do it all the time..... :rolleyes:

KaGee

Admiral

a.k.a. (edit)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Easier way would be to accidentally (edit) Cap it and wait from a distance. If one would accidentally (edit) <br />I have seen these shred a large metal trash can. Timing the explosion is a little hard to do though. Never know when it will blow.<br /><br />Another thing one would want to avoid. (edit).

spratt

Lieutenant

QUOTE]I can see the attorneys lining up outside the bottleing plant as we post. The oil companies are safe however....Nobody sues them. [/QB][/quote]<br /><br /><br />Hmmm...wonder why that is...hmmmmm.....I know the largest drug companies in the world producing the most widely utilized and loved toxic poison available legally has been sued: aka Philip Morris, Winston, Marlboro, etc...but yer right, no oil companies have been even though we are price gouged daily...

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

dawg<br /><br />As in Baggie bombs? So I hear.

spratt

Lieutenant

Tsk tsk tsk...all these accidents just looking for a place to happen...Texas, perhaps??? OR Nebraska??? :D

spratt

Lieutenant

At least they had the courtesy to tell us how to make 'em!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

Did a google search... WOW! Way to much information out there....

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I almost forgot one thing I was going to post. Do a search for (edit)<br />Otherwise known as Homemade C4. I have never made this, but have had the pleasure of diffusing and removing some hooked to a 9 volt battery. Very cool, very explosive, but very very unstable.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Ok, just one more....<br /><br />This isn't a bomb, but it will give you a shock. (edit) I never actuall did one myself because I saw one explode when plugged into the wall. Guess he used too small a capacitor.

Bondo

Staff member

This Just In......................<br /><br />up-Chuck Shumer, Ded Kenedy,+ Hillarious Clinton have just introduced bill to Require Licensing, Registration,+ Revokeable Permits for All Plastic Bottles............<br />This bill has the backing of All the Dummycrats in the Senate,+ House..........<br />in responce to the estimated cost of 100 Billion dollar$ a year, it was noted that We'll All be Safer.......<br />So the cost isn't of concern..........