Chaparral 276 windlass install

hausman

Recruit
I am considering trying to add a windlass anchor system to a 2010 SSX 276 Chaparral which did not come factory. i was wondering if anyone out there has successfully done it. I also am wondering the amount of chain or line they were able to get the locker on the bow to hold. did they use all chain? rope and chain? and any photos of the completed project would be very helpful.

paulswagelock

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am considering trying to add a windlass anchor system to a 2010 SSX 276 Chaparral which did not come factory. i was wondering if anyone out there has successfully done it. I also am wondering the amount of chain or line they were able to get the locker on the bow to hold. did they use all chain? rope and chain? and any photos of the completed project would be very helpful.
Yes, there is an owner who did this and documented the process including cutting the anchor opening in the boat. But that was all on the Chaparral forum that got so overrun with spam they shut it down.

hausman

Recruit
Yes, there is an owner who did this and documented the process including cutting the anchor opening in the boat. But that was all on the Chaparral forum that got so overrun with spam they shut it down.
Yes I had seen that as well unfortunately did not copy all the information and now like you said it's shut down. Was hoping maybe someone else out there has done it and could give me more advice.