Chap Quality Control is gone

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Yes , it was the Michelin brand that was investigated where I worked.------I just bought a used vehicle that was advertised as having new tires.-----Looked at it and instead of some obscure tire , it had Michelins on it.----Bonus I thought.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Not only boats, the motorhome industry is the same, poor construction and installation issues. In the showroom they tell you, no problem, the service dept will fix that !! My question is why wasn't it fixed before it was put on the showroom floor ?? A very high percentage of MH owners and boat owners and vehicle owners spend there first year in service depts getting things corrected that should have been right before leaving the factory!!! Just todays market...if you don't want it, someone else will buy it....

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Agreed----It has always been that way.----If your product leaves the factory as fast as you can build it , you do not have to change / improve anything.----When sales slow down you make changes.----In Detroit it used to be a bigger engine and a longer vehicle.

tpenfield

Staff member
With boats, (and other ‘toys’) is that you put a large sum of money into a it and if it does not live up to expectation, then you are stuck.