Changing remote controls?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Your ignition switch should have power, ign, and starter solenoid wires. Put the purple wires of the kill switch in series with the ign wire.

That is, ignition wire from the motor, goes to the kill switch purple wire, The other purple wire from the kill switch goes to the ignition switch.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
It is Universal remote 8050 C. Thank you for interest. They had these here on Iboats when purchased mine. Could not find today?

dubs283

Vice Admiral
It is Universal remote 8050 C. Thank you for interest. They had these here on Iboats when purchased mine. Could not find today?

Reason I asked is one of my customers has the same brand remote. It's for twins and a binnacle mount.

When I gave the boat a proper shakedown I remember thinking the controls have obviously been replaced and the new setup is garbage

Fortunately he doesn't use the boat very often, I belive he prefers the falcon with a bbc/b3 setup. That's a fun boat

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Your ignition switch should have power, ign, and starter solenoid wires. Put the purple wires of the kill switch in series with the ign wire.

That is, ignition wire from the motor, goes to the kill switch purple wire, The other purple wire from the kill switch goes to the ignition switch.
Going to give it a try Chris. Was trying to follow instructions. However what you are saying makes sense, especially since instructions did not work.20230618_093040.jpg20230618_092635.jpg

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Reason I asked is one of my customers has the same brand remote. It's for twins and a binnacle mount.

When I gave the boat a proper shakedown I remember thinking the controls have obviously been replaced and the new setup is garbage

Fortunately he doesn't use the boat very often, I belive he prefers the falcon with a bbc/b3 setup. That's a fun boat
Sorry to hear did not work for your customer. Have not been to Lake for shakedown yet. Very soon. Use my boat for fishing most. Of course comparing anything to old s/u would seem great.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Sorry to hear did not work for your customer.

The controls work, they're just junky. Have zero complaints from the customer

This is just my observation regarding the controls. I operate many boats in the 18-40 foot classes so I have a decent grasp regarding the quality of replaced components

Good luck with your setup

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is just my observation regarding the controls. I operate many boats in the 18-40 foot classes so I have a decent grasp regarding the quality of replaced components

Thank you Dubs283. So far am very happy except for kill switch. Think Chris has it figured right.
Going to start a new thread about my gauges. Thought had a brain storm, turned into a brain fart.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you Dubs283. So far am very happy except for kill switch. Think Chris has it figured right.
Going to start a new thread about my gauges. Thought had a brain storm, turned into a brain fart.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do have to admit was disappointed when opened package. Thought they would be beefier for what paid. Hope they hold up well.