Changed impeller but won't pee at full throttle

M

Maxz695

Re: Changed impeller but won't pee at full throttle

also check the cup for scoring at the impeller. You said you just changed the impeller the plate and the gasket I believe.You said you found sand in the powerhead somewhere. That would score the impeller cup I just replaced mine pisses like an elephant after a 24 pack of budweiser. No mention of you removing the powerhead and checking the water inlet on the exhaust plate just under the power head. sand can build up there too. also no mention was made if you removed the LU intake screen and checked for something there leading to the waterpump I beleive you on the right track.

cajunman83

Cadet

I checked the LU intake screen...that was the first thing I did. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't plan on puling the powerhead until I rule out what I've started. I'm going to flush it though. I'll keep y'all posted.

M

Maxz695

if it,s an internal problem flushing may move the debris and it may help for a while or even for good but remember the pictures I posted they were lodged in there and I flushed back and forth several times and it didn,t come outof course I would just replace the exhaust cover and try it to see where your at let us know how you make out

cajunman83

Cadet

Well I got all the parts cleaned this morning and went to put it all back together and realized that I had 2 of 3 wrong gaskets. So up to the shop I went toting my exhaust manifold and head cover. We crossed the serial to the parts I had in hand and they weren't the same. The only plausible conclusion we could come up with is that I got duped when buying this motor. A previous owner must have rebuilt this motor using older motors and because the cover I had should've had a thermostat...it doesn't. So we backed into the gasket part number by looking up the part numbers to what I brought in. Of course he said he'd have to order them and it'll be a week until they come in. So we both had a good laugh on my behalf. He tried to get me to buy the right parts for the motor and I almost did but then I realized that I don't know if this will fix the water pumping issue. I don't want to invest more money in this motor than I have to until I fix this problem first.

I'll update soon.

cantaris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had this same problem on my 60. I hooked up the muffs and turned on the water. I then took an air nozzle with a rubber cone tip on and ran air through the **** tube. After about a minute sand and ground up seaweed started puking out at the cavitation plate. after that it worked fine at full throttle. Might be worth trying in the future.

cajunman83

Cadet

GOT IT!!! She's pissing like a champ now! It was the sand and rock that was impeding flow. I hope no one has to go through this same thing I did but in the event you run in a bunch of sand, this may be your problem. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well done mate.Now go fishing.

M

Maxz695

lol don,t bet on max HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

cajunman83

Cadet

Max: HA! I wasn't feeling too confident when I put it back together though. I've been disappointed so many times that I just 'knew' this wasn't the fix.

M

Maxz695

I after lifting the powerhead found a peice of old impller and something eles not sure. I also found a piece in the exhaust port cover.