FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 95' 225 merc efi with a 30" shaft. I am contemplating purchase of a 2000 250 merc with a 20" shaft, but I need the 30". Question is, will the power heads swap? Or is there a way to make the 250 into a 30" using the parts from the 225?
I'm pretty sure you can do that, they're both 3.0L engines. You can call Simon's motorsports in California to get a quick and positive answer. They are the tops in 3.0L motors.
Remember this is their busy season, if there's no answer try email or leave a message. They're pretty good about getting back to you.