Chairs that mount from the wall.....

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice
I'm sure someone knows what I am talking about, I'm still working on my 22 foot cabin cruiser and the chairs were on hinges from the wall and a metal bar would fall to support the weight of the chair on the floor I assume, Anyways, Are these chairs worth replacing or would captains chairs be the way to go?

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Chairs that mount from the wall.....

The folding ones seem handy, but mine always wobbled so much I felt like I'd fall out or collapse the things if I ran over a 12" swell or wake.<br /><br />I tried a pedestal seat, but on 2 different crusiers -a 19' & a 21', they were always too short to see over the dash/bow, or had to be so high ya about couldn't get into them.<br /><br />I finally just took them out, passenger's side too. Now, we just stand at the helm. For me, it works well, and I haven't regretted doing away with those big cumbersome seats in the least. It seems to have more than doubled the cockpit space too. <br /><br />For sitting around, I have a couple of lawn chairs. When not in use, they fold up and stand against the cabin wall, or get tossed up into the cabin, and ya can take them onshore too. It works well for 2-3 folks spending 10-20 hours on the water even if you don't beach the boat.

Vector501

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Chairs that mount from the wall.....

Thanks, that helps me out a lot!