Cellar Dwellar Get Together(FINAL UPDATE)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Cellar Dwellar Get Together(FINAL UPDATE)

Yep, SS and the Mrs. made it in today. They had a nice campfire going when I left.<br />Still have things to do here at night, plus have to take care of FIL so we could not enjoy the fire with them.<br /><br />Clanton, hope you can stop by, I am on site #67 abd SS is right next to me.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, all my guests are at home now, leaving out today around the 1:00 hour.<br /><br />Was great to meet SS and MS SS along with BrianFD and of course, gonfishn.<br />Clanton, missed you. Was at campground the rest of the evening but nobody else showed up.<br />Maybe next time. Will have another one in the spring when bubbakat, gonfishn, myself and whoever else wants to join us.<br /><br />Again, good friends, good laughs and nothing major going on except for one thing with that kicker. ;)

SBN, We had a great time it was nice to meet you and your better half. Thanks for the KY bear. I was just glad we didn't see a real one. Everybody was so nice we need to do this again. Made it home ok. :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

This was a well needed out-of-state vacation. One of the best times I had in years. I think the greatest thing was actually being in the presence of members who I have communicated with through iboats for the last several years. <br /><br />Thank you iboats! If it wasn't for this website, I would have never met these good people. We all agreed that we have one thing in common.....BOATS and FISHING! :D <br /><br />BTW, sure wish I knew that the area is a dry county! However I survived being with new friends without the aid of a long neck. (Even though they told me where to go in the next county)<br /><br />Only regret is that we didn't get as much time to spend with the SBN's. At least we did get to spend some time with their very busy schedule. Thanks Lester for the hospitality. The Mrs and I wish to exchange that hospitality in the future.<br /><br />Now for low down on gonfishn :p :D Not much to say except that he is a great guy to fish, boat, and BS with. The KICKER is this,, you can't back your boat up if the kicker motor is stuck down in the gravel. Thanks to the guy in the red chebby, no major damage was done. Things just got bent out of shape a bit.<br /><br />Everyone caught a fish but me :( Didn't matter though, it was great learning how to catch bass on musky lures! gonfishn did manage to catch a single fish. It was a bass that was just an inch or so longer than the lure he was using.<br /><br />At one point I looked back and see gonfishn putting a $5 bill on his line. Said he was going to troll for a ***** fish! :confused: That species of fish there must of been high class cause he didn't get any hits on it. :eek: <br /><br />Also another thanks to gonfishn for NOT bringing the infamous Stink Bait. (Is that what I smelled going through your town Jeff?)<br /><br />Lester, Did you find that sticker Jeff put on your boat. You know,,,, the one that says "Muskies Rule"!<br /><br />It was also great to meet up with BrianFD. We also hope to meet up with him a bit closer to home.<br /><br />Bubbakat, MellowYellow, We heard an ear full about you two and looking forward to some fishing and boating with you as well.<br /><br />I think it would be great to have more of these get-togethers through the spring and summer months to get more of us members to meet face to face. After all we have fishing a boating in common. It IS possible to leave the views of politics and relegion behind. There is too much fun doing other things we all have in common.<br /><br />Again, Thanks, we had a great time.<br /><br />Sorry gonfishn about your kicker, but I wasn't driving at that time.... :p :D