Cell phone vs Land line phone

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Cell phone vs Land line phone

We went totally wireless a few years ago. No telemarketers, we save nearly $70 a month. The land line fees had gotten ridiculous and when we went to broadband for internet access we had no reason to keep the land line.<br /><br />My only complaint is that for long conversations, my cell is not comfortable to hold. I'm usually cooking or doing something around the house when I get a call. I have an ear piece but my particular phone is a flip phone and has to remain open while you talk. It dosen't fit into pockets very well and the clips won't work because it has to stay open.<br /><br />I'll be upgrading to a different style phone soon. Thats my only real complaint after switching.

Homerr

Commander

Now... if we only had a feature on the cell phone to reach out and slap the guy who's driving his car and talking on it :) <br /><br /><br />H.

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

Bad news guys, look at your phone bill. There is a surcharge on your phone bill for a cell phone GPS locator systems. (It is one of those unidentified taxes) We've been paying for a system for years and the system is still not in place. Isn't it nice to know that the Fed's have mandated you pay for a non-existant GPS locator system on your land line?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Interesting side note-<br /><br />Congress passed a "temporary" excise tax on telephone calls in 1898 to help pay for the Spanish-American War -- at a time when there were only 2,000 telephone lines in the entire country. Except for three tax-free hiatuses, it has been on the books ever since then.