Celebrities..Know or meet any?

NYMINUTE

Captain
In 1976 I was on a flight from Atlanta to Boston. About 20 minutes into the flight I realized that Mike Farrell (BJ on MASH)was next to me. He was campaigning for somebody in Boston at the time. Had a real good conversation with him. Just a regular person. Only "names" I ever met were nobodies when I knew them. Ron Jaworski,(ex Eagles QB) played against him in HS. and my son went to school with John Rznick of the Goo Goo Dolls. How about the rest of you I-Boaters.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Celebrities..Know or meet any?

Can't say I "know" any clebs but have met a few:<br />- Pres GW Bush (at the White House)<br />- King Hussein of Jordan<br />- Pres Park Chung Hi of Korea<br />- Malcom Forbes<br />- Eddy Arnold

gaugeguy

Captain

Had dinner with Harold Jenkins aka Conway Twitty when I was 6 or 7 at my grandmother's house. He was a friend of my uncle.<br /><br />Jewell was in my apartment several times before she made "celebrity" status.

spratt

Lieutenant

A. L. Coleman<br />Phil White<br />Wayne Schroader<br />Raymond Parker<br />Joseph Raney<br /><br /><br />Just to list a few great men I have known...way more important than a star ;) :p <br /><br />Some of the greates preachers in the world, IMHO...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Considering that my side business is Special Effects for movies... yes I have met allot of famous actors and people.<br /><br />I was privledged to work on the last movie done with the late James Coburn that also had Barbara Bain in it. <br /><br />All of the actors and actress' I have met have been really nice people. On occassion there is that prima donna attitude but eventually they loosen up.<br /><br />Bob

LadyFish

Admiral

I visited and had drinks with Alan Shephard around 20 years ago.<br /><br /><br />Before the night was over he he gave me an autographed picture of him that said "Are you ready to go to the moon Connie?" :) <br /><br />...or was it "let me take you to the moon Connie" :eek: Maybe I didn't read it right.... you know after a couple of drinks. <br /><br />I'll have to check it out, it's one of my prized possessions.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to say, but no. I don't personally know anyone famous. :( <br /><br />People I have met in person and talked to - but now they wouldn't know me from Adam...<br /><br />George Thorogood (rock guitarist)<br /><br />Rick Ocasik & Elliot Easton (from the band The Cars)<br /><br />Michael E. Knight ("Tad" on the soap opera All My Children) - Hey, my wife watches it. He was in town at a book store doing a book signing, and my wife was too scared to get his autograph. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Assorted members of the NY Rangers hockey team, back in the early 80's. These guys were cool! :cool: <br /><br />Butch A.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Shared a booth in a hamburger shack at Kewalo Yacht Basin in Honolulu with Jane Russell about 1955-56.<br /><br />She was on a break from filming "The Revolt of Mamie Stover".<br /><br />Had a nice conversation. Nice lady.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Have met a few from the movie Aliens. ;) <br /><br />EDIT: Why heck, I'm a TV star.<br />I was on "The People's Court" :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Personally know a lot of government officials, a few in the US and many in Ghana. Movie stars and he like, naw. Was on a plane with Lennox Lewis once. He was a stand up guy.

ehenry

Commander

When "A Time To Kill" was filmed in Canton Mathew McConohe <sp and Samuel Jackson ate Pizza and drank beer with us one evening while we were watching Monday Night Football at a pizza joint on the town square. They came up after they finished filming. They seemed like really nice, regular guys.<br /><br />Also met the dog that was the star of "My Dog Skip" that was also filmed in Canton. They used my son as an extra in the film.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Jewell was in my apartment several times before she made "celebrity" status.
And just what was she doing in your apartment?! HMMMM????????<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I was on "The People's Court" [Cool]
As a spec-tater, or a litigant? Sueing your high-school leaf raker for hitting your car door? :D <br /><br />Sean

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> Also met the dog that was the star of "My Dog Skip" that was also filmed in Canton. They used my son as an extra in the film.
Hmmm...not an extra for the dog...right??? :D ;)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

A few years back when Kim Bassenger and Alec Baldwin were still married, me and my brother walked into an Ice Cream shop in East Hampton NY and ended up standing next to them at the counter. Got our Ice Cream, said "hi" and left. <br /><br />Seemed like nice people. I remember how beautiful she was even when not all made up.<br /><br />In the '70's William Shatner was performing at the PaperMill Playhouse in Short Hills, NJ. Me and my brother waited outside around back to meet him after the show (Star Treck fans). He came out and talked to us for about 10 minutes, then got in an old beat up white Ford pickup. He offered to give us a ride home. I told him our parents were going to pick us up. He left and my brother punched me out for screwing up a ride with Shatner.<br /><br />Was on a small charter fishing boat (with my Mom, Dad and siblings)down in North Carolina. Maybe 20-25 people onboard. Dustin Hoffman was on the boat. It was right after he did the Graduate and everyone knew why he was famous but me. My brother has some footage in old Super 8 home movie film of him hanging out on the boat. He had a full beard and was dressed scruffy. Girls kept asking to have their picture taken with him. Don't think he ever dropped a line.<br /><br />Mark.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />And just what was she doing in your apartment?! HMMMM????????
I could say something really funny concerning rodeo and Ty Murray, but it wouldn't last long here :rolleyes: Let's just say we were young at the time ;) <br /><br />Oh, and if you ever see her in concert, yell out "Don't touch my surfboard", I gaurantee she will turn 20 shades of red :D

oddjob

Commander

I talked to Dan Marino at lunch one day (miami lakes)getting soup with my wife. She freaked out how I just started talking to him like I knew him, and Dan in return. She had to bug him for an autograph I have somewhere. <br />Then, I met Don Shula at the Barber shop he and I freguent. I completely fell apart talking and asking him for his autograph. I dropped the card after he signed it, reached down to pick it up and everything fell out of my pockets...I think he felt sorry for me at that point.<br /><br />Also I had dinner w/ Earl Morel at Shulas Grand opening 10 years ago. There were no tables left but there was a booth w/ all the plates and silverware placed out so I just sat down in the booth cause I hate crowds. A few minutes later Earl asked if could join me in the last seat in the house and we (men and wives)had a great dinner and Earl told me about the good ole days when they played for just the fun of it. Met all the players paying homage to him throughout the night.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I went to Madison WI once. They have a movie house there.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I was on "The People's Court" :cool:
As a spec-tater, or a litigant? Sueing your high-school leaf raker for hitting your car door? :D <br /><br />Sean
Yea I was suing, but not a leaf raker.<br />It was fun although it's fixed.<br />It's a show and they have producers come in and tell you how to act and go over what your going to say and stuff.<br />It was neat metting Judge Jerry and that little, and I do mean little, baliff of his. :cool: