Cavorting with the enemy?

drwgblanks

Seaman
Re: Cavorting with the enemy?

OK, I have to be "that guy". What in the hell were you doing taking your eyes off of the water, holding a camera, pointing the camera down at the speedometer (effectively keeping you from watching where you were going), concentrating on shot, then taking the picture, all the while doing 72 mph on a two hand driven machine? Do we have a proven point even from one of our own "boaters"? :)

I had to say it

Shizzy

Ensign

OK, I have to be "that guy". What in the hell were you doing taking your eyes off of the water, holding a camera, pointing the camera down at the speedometer (effectively keeping you from watching where you were going), concentrating on shot, then taking the picture, all the while doing 72 mph on a two hand driven machine? Do we have a proven point even from one of our own "boaters"? :)

I had to say it
you beat me to it. I rode a friends at just over 50MPH and the thought of snapping a picture didnt really come to mind due to holding on tight and looking where I was going......

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Jet skiers are all fine folks :rolleyes:
I just think they should stay off the lake i'm on at the time :mad: :D

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have to agree with this and go a step further. ANYONE can aford a watercraft of some kind now. And you don't need a brain, let alone a license to operate one. I used to think PWC's were a problem, now, I don't know who to watch out for...
But what this really gets down to is...MOST of us, dispite our differences on the water, will stop and help someone in need!
That being said...I'll race any PWC. Only we're gonna go from Wisconsin to Missouri...and back:)

Steve Cook

Cadet

First, let me make an unfair generalization: All jetskiers are A55E5.

I think the same goes for power boaters (and I used to be one all my life)
We were motoring back in to Mission Bay from a nice sail along the coast
back inside the channel doing four or five knots, a huge sportfisher came blasting in racing to the five mile an hour buoy
he passed about three feet off our port and knocked us flat, everything flew out of the boat
damn stinkboats
thought I'd never say that :p

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think the same goes for power boaters (and I used to be one all my life)
We were motoring back in to Mission Bay from a nice sail along the coast
back inside the channel doing four or five knots, a huge sportfisher came blasting in racing to the five mile an hour buoy
he passed about three feet off our port and knocked us flat, everything flew out of the boat
damn stinkboats
thought I'd never say that :p

You're already dead?:confused::D

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I don't really view it as a jetski v. traditional hull thing. To me, its more about people with "go fast" hulls of any kind, who have no clue how to operate them responsibly. If you are blasting around blind bends in a bayou, or running fast through a no wake/slow zone, I'm not going to care if you are in/on a bassboat, an ocean racer, an overpowered tinny jonboat, or a ski. I'm also not going to like you very much. The same is true if you are jumping my wake at a distance that is way too close for either safety or general peace of mind.

Be nice to me and respect my desire to go boating "unmolested," and I'll be nice to you. Not too much to ask, I think.

Andy in NY

Commander

I don't really view it as a jetski v. traditional hull thing. To me, its more about people with "go fast" hulls of any kind, who have no clue how to operate them responsibly. If you are blasting around blind bends in a bayou, or running fast through a no wake/slow zone, I'm not going to care if you are in/on a bassboat, an ocean racer, an overpowered tinny jonboat, or a ski. I'm also not going to like you very much. The same is true if you are jumping my wake at a distance that is way too close for either safety or general peace of mind.

Be nice to me and respect my desire to go boating "unmolested," and I'll be nice to you. Not too much to ask, I think.

We had some pimply faced teenager doing that to us 2 weekends ago when we were out. I HATE THAT!

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I have more of an issue with wakeboarders than PWC.

I've been followed by PWC's jumping my wake and, as long as they were cute, I had no real problem with it. Buddy kept his eye on them (lucky him, I was driving). They had fun and buzzed off elsewhere. I never felt in danger.

Then I get to where I'm fishing. I'm fishing the dropoff so I'm fairly close to shore. Lake is a mile wide but the wakeboarders still have to buzz me pulling and kicking up a bigassed waked.

I want to know why they think it's important to show off to a fisherman instead of wakeboarding in the middle of the lake where there is no other boats.

skargo

Banned

ca?vort (k-v?rt)
intr.v. ca?vort?ed, ca?vort?ing, ca?vorts
1. To bound or prance about in a sprightly manner; caper.
2. To have lively or boisterous fun; romp: The children cavorted in the water, splashing and ducking each other.

:confused:

:p