FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just got tabs on '91 Ranger and no bow rise, max speed is as good maybe better at about 62, however take off seems to be slow as if prop is cavitating. Full throttle RPM jumps to 3000 but boat is a turtle. What adjustment is needed?
Please provide you boat specs and motor info. Sounds like you are running with too much pressure or deployment angle. Or that you may have a hydrofoil on the motor. Do you have a jack plate? How high is the motor? If you wish to call direct 800-233-0194.
Why is it some people have no problem putting on websites a problem with a brand new toy. It causes a company to lose sales for NO GOOD reason. Don't do that to them. Call them first a couple of times. THEN if they won't or can't correct the problem, go on the websites. You are killing these companies for no good reason.----------------------------- If Nauti John was not watching this site he would be losing several customers and not ever knowing why.
Hey Cy shove it and may the sharks eat your young. I said and meant nothing bad about the product just my installation which John has helped with and hopefully adjustments will correct. Some of us have to ask and then there are the "KNOW IT ALLS."
at this point this place serves as a smart tab forum<br /><br />if i had not see people complain and see how well john takes care of them i would have no idea that it was a good product and a good company<br /><br /><br />it seams john is now gathering the stuff he needs to build a smart forum with the help of the happy customers he has made here<br /><br />tommays
I agree with Cyclops.<br /><br />Texas was asking, 'What adjustment is needed?'<br /><br />That's a question for the manufacturer first. The time to post on this forum is when the manufacturer can't or won't come up with an answer.<br /><br />Give the manufacturer the chance in private, as it were, before going public.
Hey guys; <br /><br />You all be nice to each other! I have been allowed a lot of liberty on these forums and appreciate the opportunity to explain out product, answer questions, and in some cases present my personal opinion. If there is a problem, I will do my best to help. If it is publicly posted for all to read it is up to me to handle it in public. Thanks for the support!<br /><br />What I don't like is not having the opportunity to address the problem before I have a chance to fix it. txs and I have already talked!
I said nothing bad about the product just needed a little help which by the way John has addressed. Hate to call the CEO on every little problem when some of you no counts might help. Kidding!! And John just remember what Gov. Long of La. said "Don't care what is said about me just so they are talking about ME." I love my Mobster tabs.
Agree, cyclops is way off base here. See nothing derogatory or critical in the original post. The purpose of these forums is to ask questions and learn from the replies. That is what txswinner did. He provided information and asked a question on how to resolve the problem. Perhaps others have had the same problem and can offer advice. When the solution is found and made public on these forums others will benefit as well; even you cyclops.
When I had a problem with a brand new boat I called the company. After 3 different Reps. there said that the problem was OK I then posted it. It turned out we were both a little wrong. I expected more than they new about their product. If it's under warrenty give the company first shot. These forums can swing a lot of people away from a product in a hurry even if the product is great. Bad remarks stick to anyone longer than a compliment ever will. ------Remove me for speaking up for a company who did nothing wrong.
Cy, You need to reread my post. I did not say there was anything wrong with the Tabs, only that I needed help with an adjustment. Thought someone would have a quick fix which has occurred. Pull your shorts out of your crack it is ok.
Txswinner<br /><br />What did you have to do to fix the issue? <br /><br />Smart tabs are a popular topic on this board, with many successful installations. I'm definitely getting a set.