FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am having a cavation problem on my tritoon when I hit about 22-2400 RPM. The motor and prop are pushing the boat along just fine until I hit the 22-2400 RPM range then I feel the loss of push. I can make it continue by giving the motor more throttle, but I just do not feel the prop bite like below 2200 RPM.
Spec's:
1984, 24" JC Tritoon
Mercruiser 470, I/O
Prop is a 3 blade Stainless Steel, numbers on the prop are 48 73980 A4 19P
The prop is in excellent shape. I know what your thinking, "the hub is slipping,". When I first noticed the lack of bite I pulled the prop off and took it to a good shop and had it checked. Hub slipping is not the problem.