Carver 3227 Aft Deck Removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrvmarine

Recruit
Hello Carver owners,

I have a 1985 Carver 3227 Convertible. Do any of you have any tips on pulling up the aft deck to service the engines?

I tried (by myself) and it seems that no matter which direction I try to raise it is hitting something.

Any advise would be appreaciated. Oh yes, new to the forum! Hope to be able to contribute some information in the future.

Thanks,
Scot

truepleasures

Recruit
Re: Carver 3227 Aft Deck Removal?

So did you ever get your deck off? I should be closing on a 3227 this week and would like to remove the deck to repaint the engines and do some maintinance.
By the way how do you like the boat so far?

mswillman@bellsouth.net

Richard Kovacic

Recruit
Hello Carver owners,

I have a 1985 Carver 3227 Convertible. Do any of you have any tips on pulling up the aft deck to service the engines?

I tried (by myself) and it seems that no matter which direction I try to raise it is hitting something.

Any advise would be appreaciated. Oh yes, new to the forum! Hope to be able to contribute some information in the future.

Thanks,
Scot
Hi Scott, to lift your rear deck you need to first remove the ladder for the fly bridge then the side wells on port and starboard gun walls. remove the storage bins of course also before lifting the drain scuppers have drain piping attached that needs to be loosened on both port and starboard sides then its simply lifting it up. I suggest having a pre cut 2x4 to hold up the deck its rather heavy.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice to be helpful, but it's been 13yrs since Scot posted this question.

Probably won't get or reply

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.