Carter fuel pump for OMC 3.0 L

Pieceofwork22

Recruit
Have been rebuilding our motor and looking for replacement for a Carter fuel pump. Engine model 302AMRGDP Serial #T1036261. Summit has one M60032 but want to be sure (I’ve got 2 others here that don’t fit) Saw a post in another thread about a cross reference list. Can anyone help would really appreciate it. Striper season ended early for us! We’ve got an ‘88 bay liner trophy we’ve restored and want to get it right 😎

matt167

Captain
OMC 3.0L is the same 3.0L that Mercruiser used and is a GM product. Mercruiser 3.0L will get more hits. Just make sure the one you get has correct fittings and orients the right way.. Mercruiser pumps usually point down. But 3.0l pumps can point up too

Pieceofwork22

Recruit
OMC 3.0L is the same 3.0L that Mercruiser used and is a GM product. Mercruiser 3.0L will get more hits. Just make sure the one you get has correct fittings and orients the right way.. Mercruiser pumps usually point down. But 3.0l pumps can point up too
thanks for the info! Hoping someone can confirm the pump cross reference number with our info above. Carter doesn’t have the list posted on their site

harringtondav

Commander
I replaced the pricey Mercruiser electric pump on my 4.3LX. With a Carter pump. I had to purchase fittings to adapt it, then it fit perfectly. The key is getting a pump with enough, but not too much pressure. If I recall around 7 psi worked fine for my Weber 4 bbl carb, sustaining WOT for the minute or so that I ran there. Do not substitute rubber fuel line for the stainless steel line when making any adaptations. ...very dangerous.
OEM pumps have the SAE J1171 decal, but I felt safe with the Carter pump since it is completely sealed.