Carpet UN-installation?

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys I've got a quick question for ya. I just purchased a 2006 Tahoe Q4 last October and had some problems with mold and mildew on the carpet over the winter while it was not being used. I think my problem was caused by my boat cover being too tight and not allowing air flow and as humid as it is here in East Texas it's not a good combination. My question is if any of you have ever heard of taking out the carpet and putting in like a spray in bedliner type floor coating? I love the new Tahoe's b/c they don't have any carpet in them. I would like my boat to be like that, but I'm just not sure how feasable it is to try this task? How hard would it be? Have any of you ever heard of anybody doing this to their boat? Or should I just keep what I've got?? Thanks for any info in advance guys!!

pkdayga

Cadet
Re: Carpet UN-installation?

Been thinking about doing the same thing...I debated between the Q6 SF and the Q7 for exactly the same reason...decided on the Q6 and now want to rip out the carpet. Poor planning I guess but I love the boat otherwise. Just ordered the Smart Tabs yesterday!

I have found several potential options on the web to do this but it would make me feel more comfortable if I could find somebody that has actually done this before. Some of the options I have found or seen others talk about using are Durabak, KiwiGrip, a product from Sani-Tred (looks difficult), Flexiteek (cool looking stuff), Evercoat Skid-no-more, and Marideck.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My first question on this forum a year ago was about replacing carpet, and a few people recommended Grizzly Grip instead.

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here's a link to that post
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=242779
It was only TD who recommended Grizzly Grip after all, not a few people. Guess I figure his advice has the same weight as any 3 other posters. I did seriously consider the GG, but in the end decided to put in new carpet-- thought it would be more comfy for the wife and kids. I kinda regret it every time I get a fishhook caught though :rolleyes:

Paul DuLaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a Q3s/f and have a hard time keeping it clean as the wife has a tendency to remind me it's hers too.

Last edited: