Carpet question 1990 Searay 180BR

mtore

Cadet
Im looking to replace some of the carpet on the floor of my SR 180. I would like to find the name and color of the carpet offered by the factory. Is there a color chart available from Searay? Or does anyone know what I have. It's a shade of blue.

Attachments

• boat carpet.jpg
    boat carpet.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 2

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you can call customer service at SeaRay, they may be able to tell you a color and manufacturer

mtore

Cadet
Thanks guys, All the carpet stores know is what is on their sample charts none of which are specific to Sea Ray. The sample I have did not match any thing they had. I contacted Sea Ray but have not heard back from them. I have narrowed it down to possibly Dorsett brand Aqua Turf in Gulf Blue which is close but not quite the same. I want to replace just the floor portion not the entire interior carpet so color and texture are important for consistency.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
You are trying to match 32 year old carpet. Good luck. Fading alone will have changed the color if the carpet in your boat by 10 or so shades

Other than Generic.....Marine carpet is not sold in carpet stores, it is usually handled thru marine fabric distribution

Especially runs that SeaRay would have gotten by the truck load in 1989/90

Have you tried sites like marinecarpeting?

mtore

Cadet
I found some carpet on line that is the Aqua Turf gulf blue that I was looking for. The price was right. 6' x 15' for about $100. It will be arriving in a week or so. Hope this works. I will post the results.

mtore

Cadet
Follow up on my carpet odyssey. After four attempts to get this carpet I finally was able to install it. I used 3M #90 spray adhesive. Much faster than carpet adhesive. The color match is close to the original.

aft

Attachments

• 20220220_143809_resized.jpg
    20220220_143809_resized.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 10