Carl Rove?

eeboater

Commander
Re: Carl Rove?

If Karl Rove should go to Jail... doesn't anyone think the Ted "the drunk" Kennedy should spend time behind bars as well?<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

yingling, aka-Troll.<br /><br />Ask the Kurds. Those were "gifts from heaven" that killed thousands of them?<br /><br />If that's not a WMD, what is?<br /><br />But, you're safe (maybe, maybe not) in Ohio. Who the heck would want to blow that up?<br /><br />Our enemies know that the American public is dumbed down and living under a false sense of (lies) security.<br /><br />President Clinton was/is the king of lies. He had numerous opportunities to capture the most dangerosus man in the world. Yet, he chose the "law" over the safety of an entire nation.<br /><br />There are two things I can count on.<br /><br />1. I will be "sold out" by people of your persuation.<br /><br />2. You wiil benefit (short lived) by your actions.<br /><br /><br />Live with it.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Troll? You want me to sit back and accept what you say, even if I don't agree? I will voice my opinion as you have. <br /><br />My point again, Bush lies also. I ended my post with that statement. And, you never answered one of my questions either. You don't have to, you may choose to sidestep them.<br /><br />Sounds like a Rep. tactic - to change issues, that is when Q's get tough. What does Ohio have to do with anything?<br />Are you saying we are second rate to your place of being. Perhaps those fighting for us that are from Ohio, if they knew your feelings would have chosen not to defend you if given another opportunity.<br /><br />We do not have to agree, but why the personal attack? Was there a video put out showing how I won medals in Nam???<br /><br />John

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Demonizing the opposition is an old and tried tactic. Bush lied. OK then the British lied, the Russians, the UN, the Austrialians, the French, all liars. All those dead kurds, liars. The saudi's - liars. The Iranians - liars. All the democrats except Russ Feingold - liars. The Spaniards - liars. Amb. Wilson - A REALLY HUGE INCREDIBLY BAD LIAR. PROVEN LIAR. DOCUMENTED LIAR. LIED BEFORE CONGRESS, LIED TO THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR. But we should believe him about his evaluation of the yellow cake.<br /><br />I am sure there a many other liars I have missed, and to those liars I apologize for not identifying them as liars.<br /><br />Let's move on to another liar, war hero John Kerry who outed a true under cover agent in his zeal to cruisify a Bush appointee. Lets get him too. Because it is all about national security right. Good news the nominee was SMART enough to call the agent Mr. Smith and not reveal the agents true identity because he was able to keep his eye on the ball. Who should be the senator? No politics at play by the dems. Following the hate and clapping like trained seals to whatever the liberal press puts out is a sad indictment of the public.<br /><br />Good thing Ms. Plume ran an hid in the pages of VANITY FAIR. She must have been in total fear of her life. POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS. GET BUSH, GET BUSH, GET BUSH REAL OR FABRICATED.

D

DJ

yingling wrote:<br /><br />
My point again, Bush lies also.
Name ONE. Don't give me the WMD's. As pointed out, Saddam had PLENTY of time to hide/dispose of them.<br /><br />Again, ask a Kurd.<br /><br />I have ALWAYS found that those screaming the accusations the loudest are those most guilty.

PW2

Commander

There are sure a lot of distractions in this thread.<br /><br />What we do know:<br /><br />1. The CIA seemed to think the leak important enough to take it to the Justice Dept, who appointed a special prosecutor, and empanelled a grand jury to investigate it.<br /><br />2 Scott McClennan said it was "totally ridiculous" to suggest Karl Rove had anything to do with the leak. Now we know that Rove did indeed talk to reporters, on a "double super secret" basis, re Wilson and his wife's CIA status.<br /><br />3. Wilson went to Africa and reported there was no Niger/Uranium connection to Iraq, contrary to what was in the State of the Union speech, and the state dept acknowledeged as much and said those infamous 16 words should not have made it in the speech, even as Cheney was still appearing on the Sunday talk shows reiterating this Niger/ Uranium connection.<br /><br />4. There is a reporter in jail as we speak for not revealing her sources on a story she didn't even write.<br /><br />So even if it is much ado about nothing and unimportant to Rush Limbaugh and the vast right wing spin machine, it is indeed important to many who are directly involved.

oddjob

Commander

The prez's info came from the cia. So we should believe one guy and not the intire cia. I dont think so. Try agian.

oddjob

Commander

I have a quote here for you from Dingy Harry, who is the Senate Democratic leader. "Isn't it interesting how the subject has changed from the White House administrative staff to the court today, isn't it? It's interesting there has been no question here about a CIA operative being outed." <br />

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Hopefully we can all agree that there are two very distinct views on whats going on in the country these days. We are all entitled to our opinion. We have the gift from our forefathers of free elections to settle these issues. The country is polarized and no amount of debating will convert to many folks to the "other side". :)

D

DJ

PW2 wrote,<br /><br />
So even if it is much ado about nothing and unimportant to Rush Limbaugh and the vast right wing spin machine, it is indeed important to many who are directly involved.
PW, stay in S.S. Marie.<br /><br />If you can't see through the politics in this whole charade, you are right where you belong-a "non important", to the Dem's.. <br /><br />I think you're important, unfortuneately, your party doesn't.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

It is scary how all you right wingers have to dig up the Clinton scandal out of its grave and use it to deflect any attack, just or injust, on the current republican administration.<br />Please open your eyes and think about the current affairs without comparing them and trying to whitewash actions committed by politicians,just because other politicians were just as lousy.We are in 2005 and not in 1998. As usual, politicians have lied to us also about the facts in Irak.They are lying to us now.It does not matter any more that Clinton was popular with girls and cigars.What matters is that this time people die by the thousands because of ill conceived actions by very arrogant super ego politicians.Neither Bush nor Clinton is guilty of 9-11.Terrorists need to be hunted.Politicians must not destroy the cover of their own CIA agents just because the factual and true intelligence these agents provide does not jibe with political plans.<br />When will you jokers wake up and react to a current situation with a reaction to the situation instead of just keeping on screaming about a by now very stale BJ and thereby ignoring or trying to divert attention from real facts that happen now?<br />Those people that blindly follow a politician because their gut feeling tells them to or because they like swashbuckling are really scary to me, because they give politicians a free ticket to get away with whatever they want,even when it is a crime<br />Did you read that mr. extremist odd job?Think about it too.

PW2

Commander

DJ -I'm completely baffled by your post.<br /><br />Are you suggesting that my opinions are less important because I live in SS Marie?<br /><br />Or the opinions of those that live in SS Marie generally are less important because of where they live?<br /><br />Or what exactly?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Keep on rolling rolmops. Take notice though, your Q's will not be answered. As you pointed out, the tough questions will only be deflected by old news while simple rhetorical ones are answered. <br /><br />Er... I'm done with this one, see you on the next thread,<br /><br />John<br /><br />He answered a rhetorical question with sarcasm - smooth, real smooth. You are a good show OJ

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Y-J,<br /><br />I didn't see any overt attempts to run this thread to Clinton. Most of us agree with rolmops assessment of the situation. We most likely disagree on the motivations assigned to the action. I don't think it was entered into to save Bush Sr.'s legacy or because our prez is some gun happy war monger. I hate having friends who are over in Iraq fighting, and would love to have them back home, and most here are probably in the same situation. We were attacked, the president proposed, the congress agreed, and when things didn't go as planned the man at the top is justifiably held to scruitiny. But to blame Bush for some percieved personality flaw seems silly. If we would have rolled over Iraq in 3 months with no deaths and it turned into Switzerland inside of a year would we be giving Bush the credit or would others attempt to gain by it? <br /><br />What did Egypt, or Yemen or Bali do to deserve being bombed? We have not been bombed since the intervention. Are we counting the lives not killed due to the action? War sucks, but we can't even get proper airline inspection due to the PC enviroment after we were attacked. Could someone tell me what we are to do to keep our friends, family and countrymen safe? Politics usually revolves around money, but now lives are in the balance and I think we need to understand that things are different, what is the go forward plan? All I have heard is what Bush is doing wrong, but no plans on how to handle the crisis if we do pull back. We seem willing to give up lives to prevent offending others. <br /><br />Remember symbolizm over substance just won't cut it this time. What is plan B? What is the action plan? We don't have time for the ACLU to take legal action to protect terrorists. Heaven forbid someone get a hold of my library history. (Never happened under the patriot act but we sure are worried about it, symbolism over substance)

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

factcheck.org <br /><br />The facts as known so far without political bias in either direction. Outlined by factcheck.org, a neutral organization dedicated to seeing past the political spin from either side.

txswinner

Banned

BJ's and turning a CIA operative are not comparable. Cut the crud on that. Rove was involved an hid the truth perhaps even from the President. Loyalty of the President should only go so far, Bush should fire the man who betrayed in trust and hid the truth from him.