FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My 40hp Jahnson is not getting any gas, I took the plugs out and they are dry. I am new to boating and dont know what to do. Should I clean out the carb if so, how. Looking for the best way to do this. Is there anything else that could cause this?
One easily corrected possibility. You can connect the fuel line from the gas tank backwards. In most cases, the primer bulb should be closest to the gas tank. I got a boat cheap that way.