Carb leaking fuel from hole (fairly large run of fuel)

MSST8DOG

Cadet
2002 Yamaha 70TLRA 70hp 2-stroke
I pulled this from a shed after sitting for over 4 years.
First thing I did was pull plugs and fill with WD-40, waited a few hours and turned crankshaft 180 degrees and did it again. While I waited, I removed the tank and put a new tank with fresh fuel (and SeaFoam) in it, removed the filter and and bowl plug, replaced the filter with a new one and pumped the bulb until fuel ran out of the drain on the bowl. I then replaced the bowl plugs and (on the advice of a long-time boater and mechanic) pumped the bulb until it was tight. I did this about 4 times with several hours in between cycles. The last time I pumped the bulb up tight, I removed the spark plugs and spun the motor with the starter for 2 or 3 seconds about 5 times spraying PB Blaster and WD-40 in the cylinders and carburetor throats as I turned engine. I then replaced the plugs and attempted to crank the motor.
It fired right up and ran well. After about 2 minutes, I noticed the middle carb had fuel coming out of a hole located at the top on the right hand side. (There are two holes side by side and this is the one on the left).

Can someone tell me what that hole is and a probable cause of the leak?
I am NOT a mechanic, but I suspect a float that is not rising with the fuel level either because it is stuck or has a hole in it.

MSST8DOG

Cadet
Okay, it looks like I will be pulling all 3 carbs and cleaning them, then putting new jets, floats, gaskets, etc...
I will order them tonight. If anyone thinks of additional stuff I should do please give me a clue.
Thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
might want to look at the fuel pump & lines to make sure something hiding in there does not hit the cleaned carbs after starting up

MSST8DOG

Cadet
might want to look at the fuel pump & lines to make sure something hiding in there does not hit the cleaned carbs after starting up
I think I will replace fuel line from tank to motor and possibly the ones from their to the carbs just to be safe.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If anyone thinks of additional stuff I should do please give me a clue.
Thanks
When the fuel circuit tank to fuel pump is cleaned to impeccable condition, would be desirable to micropolish each carb needle's seat to a shinny clean condition. Roll a cotton portion at the pointy extreme of a sushi wooden stick, dampen with water, apply toothpaste and roll the stick in 360 circular motion inside each seat, repeat the process till the cotton comes out white clean, will forget about having any future fuel spill through carbs.

Happy Boating