FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I have a 1988 50 HP Force. I'm trying to order a carb kit through my local NAPA store. The numbers on the carb casting are WE17B and 628061-3. Anyone know what the correct part no. is for the kit I am seeking?
Single carb is easy. If you are doing multiple carbs do one at a time. Link and sync might be hairy with two carbs. The rebuild is easy and straight forward. You will need some carb cleaner, compressed air and a thin wire for cleaning the tiny openings in the carb. Maybe a drill to take out the old welsh plugs.
OK what carb kit do I need.<br /><br />I have seen both the 18-7037 and the 18-7033.<br /><br />The Napa book says I need the 7033 BUT the gasket for the front on the carb has the extra hole for the carb to be idle mixture adjustment is 18-7037.<br /><br />I would hate to buy the wrong kit!