Carb gaskets,water line seal.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys I have a question about the small gaskets that go with the carb bowl bolt. One looks thicker than the other. Which one goes on the inside and which on the outside? One more...I bought a water line seal and grommet and was curious if any of you guys have had problems breaking any of the bolts for the water tube retainer thingamajig on a salt water engine? 86' 85hp Thanks!!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Carb gaskets,water line seal.

Yup they break as soon as you think about touching them.I was concerned about that not making a good seal so I made a second seal out of silicone.I cleaned up the area and squirted a circle on top of a the circle.ABOUT 3'16". Not sure it didi any good but made me feel better.
Not sure about the gaskets.Go to iboats and order them,$1.26 each.They are 2 different part #s.Jerry

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer

That's the thing I already ordered them but cant figure out which one should go where. Im assuming the thinner harder gasket goes on the outside of the bowl bolt. One is blueish and the other is greenish yellow.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer

You were right Jerry..those bolts snapped like nothing on the salt water midleg. Good news is that the other midleg I picked up for free wasnt used in salt water and those bolts broke free like nothing so i'm going to swap the midleg and lower cowl from the fresh water parts and get it all painted and purdy.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You figure out the gaskets? I have a carb I can look at tomorrow.J