Car on Ebay...

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Car on Ebay...

From a collector's standpoint,I would say it appears to be worth that. Especially after watching the recent Barrett Jackson auction. No way could I afford that bad boy, but it sure is nice.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It would be stretching a bit to be worth the $170,000, but there are still over 2 days to go.<br /><br />It will sell for a lot more than that.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I thought it was a joke, but no way would I wire the deposit without seeing the vehicle and documentation.

LubeDude

Admiral

A one of a kind, unmolested original car like that may come close to the $200,000 mark.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing.

TilliamWe

Banned

Nice enough car, but worth that kind of money to me, no. But I don't think any old cars are worth that kind of money. Especially not BABY blue camaros

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Stupid rich "investors" have ruined the average guy's chances of ever owning an old muscle car.<br /><br />Ken

NathanY

Commander

Buddy of mine say that car is worth half-million because it is one-of-a-kind original and it was the first year Z28. <br /><br />All I can say, It must be nice.... :rolleyes:

Xcusme

Commander

Over the last month, a fella I know thru friends, has been trying to buy my 67 Camaro. After seeing this, his offers are a joke! Fat chance of him getting it anyhow...I'll hang on to it, heck, I don't have to feed it!

NYMINUTE

Captain

No way, it is bloody car, drive it and gets wacked, big $$ loss and a "Were Sorry" from the good hands people.

LubeDude

Admiral

Sold for $170,000.00!!<br /><br />Believe me, this was a steal! :eek:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The car was bought for that much only because of an artificially created collectability. And very rich people think it is "IN" to own one. Once the fad fades, the last purchaser will take a huge hit.<br /><br />The average gearhead would never pay more than 10-20 grand for that car. It is the ultra rich that buy these cars as status symbols.<br /><br />Ken

LubeDude

Admiral

Im in the business of collector cars, much of what you say is true, but these low # production cars are becoming gold mines. We have a 1961 Ford Starliner HP car in the collection that is aproching $50,000.00. Thats hard for even me to believe. The fact that this car was a one of a kind is the key here, ("IF" in fact it truely is)! A Boss 429 that used to be in the collection I manage that was sold 3 years ago for $46,000, sold at Barret Jacson this year for $185,000.00, and isnt nearly as rare as this Camero.