Can't access iboats.com from Android, but okay from laptop

BWR1953

Admiral
I tried my phone and my wife's, but no joy.

Any word on what's up?

jbcurt00

Staff member
I tried my phone and my wife's, but no joy.

Any word on what's up?
I exclusively use my Droid to surf iboats, no issues today.

Might cycle the phone off

Plus mine updated 3times in 2wks @ end Sept.

BWR1953

Admiral
The issue seems to be sporadic. It's worked a couple times, but then fails again. Each time with Gateway 504 timeout error.

Floating_away

Recruit
The issue seems to be sporadic. It's worked a couple times, but then fails again. Each time with Gateway 504 timeout error.
Observations. It's not you or just android. There are various part of the website that appear non functional, specifically the older parts of the website that don't use off the shelf software. Magento and Xenforo seem to be working fine. If you use direct links to https://www.iboats.com/shop/categories or forums.iboats.com then all is well.

If you're looking for older stuff... then you're tango uniform. This will have a substantial impact on organic website traffic sooner or later.
ww2.iboats.com
boats.iboats.com
boatspecs.iboats.com

Occasionally the root www.iboats.com correctly forwards to the shop url above. Other-times it gives a 504.

BWR1953

Admiral
Observations. It's not you or just android. There are various part of the website that appear non functional, specifically the older parts of the website that don't use off the shelf software. Magento and Xenforo seem to be working fine. If you use direct links to https://www.iboats.com/shop/categories or forums.iboats.com then all is well.

If you're looking for older stuff... then you're tango uniform. This will have a substantial impact on organic website traffic sooner or later.
ww2.iboats.com
boats.iboats.com
boatspecs.iboats.com

Occasionally the root www.iboats.com correctly forwards to the shop url above. Other-times it gives a 504.
Thanks! I just tried forums.iboats.com and it immediately accessed the site from my WiFi. I then turned the WiFi off on my phone and it worked again. I hope this continues working! During hurricane Milton, we were without power overnight and not being able to access the forums made for a very long, boring night. :sneaky:

I'd previously been entering iboats.com and got the 504 error, or not.
Thanks again. (y)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you know that Verizon dropped the ball with Milton. their towers were overloaded the moment power went out.