cannonballs

Hi All

Just like to say hi, I am new to the forum. Just purchased a 2005, Trophy 2052. Cannot wait to try it out but have a question. Where do you owners store your downrigger balls when not in use? there are not many storage areas in the aft area, just wonder what most of you do when not on the rigger.

Cheers
from Beautiful British Columbia

phishy

Cadet
Re: cannonballs

Hi All

Just like to say hi, I am new to the forum. Just purchased a 2005, Trophy 2052. Cannot wait to try it out but have a question. Where do you owners store your downrigger balls when not in use? there are not many storage areas in the aft area, just wonder what most of you do when not on the rigger.

Cheers
from Beautiful British Columbia

I have some flush cupholders for holding soda cans mounted in the gunewales, thats where i put the downrigger ball when not in use.
Enjoy your new boat.

Reality Fish

Recruit

I keep mine in a plastic PLANO tool box so they don't roll around. When I'm done fishing I just put the "tool box" on the floor in the cuddy.

NWFisher

Cadet

I store them in the compartment under the step into the cabin along with spare parts, rope, etc. On this boat, at least mine, this compartment also drains into the bilge.

Downrigger

Seaman Apprentice

Bought some "Ball Babies" from Cabelas 01-5829 and mounted them on the deck on each back corner of my WA2002 fish box covers near the riggers. Scotty also makes some similar that look like they migh be for bigger weights (the babies work fine up to 12# finned). I bolted mine down but I suppose you could use good HD doublestick tape to mount them if you are not into permanent mounting.