Candy

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
As I was takeing out the trash at My office i noticed a wraper of candy that I havent seen in years. So we got to talking about candy that we all used to like when we were younger. We talked about Atomic Fireballs, Lemon Heads, Blackjack and Cloves Gum. What was your childhood favorite candy or gum??? ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Candy

Milk duds, Sugar Daddy's and Sugar Babies...I liked caramel, I guess. The dang things would make quick work of my present day dental werk tho :(

crab bait

Captain

squirrell nut zippers,, mint julips,, both 2 for a penny.. wax lips an candy dot paper strips... <br /><br />chunky's what a rip.. not worth the nickle..

FSHKPR

Ensign

a candy bar called zero was my favorite. mallo cups, loved to save the coins and send in for more free ones, those little boston baked beans were great! those little wax coke bottles filled sweet water. tootsie pops aaaawwww heck i loved it all.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Anything chocolate. My favorite was the hard, semi-sweet "Dutch" chocolate I could get at Breyers Candy Shop. He broke your order off of a huge brick he made in the back of the store (along with lots of other candies).<br /><br />I think it was something like $.25 a pound, a lot less for a few ounces.<br /><br />At the Sunrise movie theater for a Saturday double feature my favorites at the candy counter were Goobers chocolate covered peanuts and Raisinettes, which are still around.<br /><br />Still a chocoholic. :)

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Candy :D :D :D <br />Used to love Charleston Chew candy bars. Put 'em in the freezer and then break 'em. Also (and still do) love Necco wafers. Also had an Atomic Fireball kick for a while.

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Almost forgot about the gum bit. Does anyone remember Big League Chew bubble gum from the 80's. It came in shreads packaged in a pouch. Didn't make the chewing 'backy connection until a few years later.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Aww! I'm drooling reading about this. But I have to say my alltime favorites are: Abazabba, marathon bar(haven't see it for 20 years), and sugar babies. But heck, its difficult to name a favorite. How can you narrow it down to a few?<br /> And that's just the store bought. Then you have the homemade candy during the holidays: all the different kinds of fudge and candied anything. Oh man! I need to find something sweet to cure this sweettooth that's out of control now. <br />Bassy

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I liked the wax bottle with koolaid stuff inside too. Probably the best was laffy taffy in banana flavor.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

There was always Bazooka gum. A penney a piece.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Bit O' Honey and a peanut butter bar called "Chicken Leg" or something like that.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Atomic fireballs, Hot Tamalies(sp?), Junior mints, and Double Bubble, or was it Super Bubble, bubble gum...

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Gobstoppers !!<br />They wern't the size of a golf balls, but pretty close to it.<br />You sucked them for some time till you wore off the sweet outer hard coating, then there was an enormous piece of chewing gum in side.<br />Could keep most kids silent for about an hour.<br /> :D <br />Cheers<br />Phillip

oddjob

Commander

Now or laters (its hard to find the old hard type)<br />Halls cough drops<br />jolly ranchers