Canada real estate prices

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: Canada real estate prices

Have a look at this for more info on real estate fees here.

http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/housing/405.aspx

Thats a good little read. I relay liked the part about get a realistic value for the home in todays market. Your government tax assessment is another good place to find out about what a home is worth.

In my opinion a realiter is nothing more than a used car sales person. The higher the sale the more money they make with no concern for the parties involved.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Canada real estate prices

So the Facilitator is just working out of the goodness of his heart?

Facilitator- 0 on listing sheet, no pay, nothing about goodness of heart. Would U show up if you were paid 0 for your services? Some companies may want their agents to also pay a facilitator, ours does not.

I really doubt that so he must be getting paid something, somewhere by someone.

You can doubt all you want. We do not work with a facilitator.

I've been googling the subject for the last hour or so and the concept is still pretty muddy to me. (Should mention that I have been a licensed realtor in Nebraska and Iowa, most recently about 30 years ago).

Looks like you are saying you were licensed, but not for the last 30 years. Hockey players didn't wear helmets back then also. Come into the 21st century. Today even tho we have a main office we have gone virtual, with all the high tech toys no need to be in office. My wife has seen a lot of the changes too, she has been in the business 33 years and use to have to paste the picture in a note book and write the room sizes, not today. If not into technology today with cell phones, I-pads etc: a person will be burying their heads in the sand. Today 92% of buyer's look on line before calling a Realtor.

Around 1980 the Buyer's agent concept began gaining some but hadn't gone very far before I left the business in 1983.

2005 here when we started representing buyer's with buyer's agency, no need for a facilitator. And we are only one of three states that do a Contract to Purchase and then do a Purchase and Sale agreement.

From what I've seen so far, it appears that any Agent at any time can decide to become a Facilitator, or vice versa. E.g., listing agent finds a buyer without an agent and tells the seller he is going to change over to Facilitator

Dual Agency takes over here, your state may be different. Listing Realtor can only represent the seller, Realtor can not help the buyer with the offer or any provisions that may come about from a home inspection. Therefore our company gets the whole pie instead of splitting with another company.

and reduce the commission from 6% to 5% to compensate.

would you cut your pay?

Sounds like he's going to get paid. Found other examples not quite as egregious but also did not fit with what I remember from my NAR ethics training.

Nothing egregious here, the buyer uses their own attoney, so there should be no breaches of trust between parties. This state does not use title companies