Can you run gasline from the front?

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
760
I have a 19' Silverline boat with a 175HP merc Black max outboard.. I got a 18 Gallon Tank from a buddy and it won't fit in the back so I wanted to put it up front. This will also help out with weight distribution.

Will this be ok? Also can I put the bulb anywhere in the line? Like say by the cockpit so I can prime before I start at the console?

Thanks everyone!

Dezi
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,205
Re: Can you run gasline from the front?

Put the bulb near the motor. The tank can be anywhere.
 

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
760
Re: Can you run gasline from the front?

good to hear.. Its a pretty big tank so it would fit better up front....

Thanks!
 

d.boat

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
520
Re: Can you run gasline from the front?

Yea, I've been using about a 15-20 foot fuel line with my 15 hp kicker w/o any problem. If it's dry, it takes a while to fill the hose and prime the engine with the bulb (near the engine), but it works fine. I think it has more to do with the rise from the tank to the engine than the distance.
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,205
Re: Can you run gasline from the front?

Dez, You might consider an anti-siphon valve for that tank, as a safety measure. Without an A-S valve,iIf the fuel line leaks anywhere along is long length, fuel will spill into the boat. An A-S valve will prevent that. Most built-in tanks already have them. Portables do not, but then may be added.
 
Top