FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have been reading Stuart Hastings shift cable adjustments. He was saying that anything 1993 & later was not covered there. My boat is a 97, my motor is a 95, so I have no idea what year the drive is. I do have original paperwork with model #'s.
I suppose that would help, I thought I would be sent to websight--------OMC----Drive #00799235----------------------------------------------------------transom #00358241
Those are not model #'s. For the drive anything from 1994 started with 386XXXX and the transom # doesn't help but the actual engine model # would. You should be able to see these #'s right on the engine (rocker cover) and the plate on the side of the drive.
I guess those are serial #'s. The engine model # is744dphu It shows to be a 95. I wasn't sure if my outdrive was the same year. I'm trying to get factory manuals & omc only shows them to 93 and volvo #'s don't match.
This link here is to a set, the seller calls it 1994 but it is the "HU" series which is really 1995, the year of your engine, the $30 is for the complete set is a real bargain right now1