can someone point me in the right direction?

1975oday22

Chief Petty Officer
1991 mercury 4cy. 2 stroke 115hp , need trim sender unit. port side. TIA.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Some motors never had a trim sender. Check the crowleymarine web site to see if your motor ever had one.

BTW- trim senders are not all that accurate or reliable, which is what they should be. Replace the trim gauge with a water pressure gauge, which is much more important. Trim the boat by feel.

1975oday22

Chief Petty Officer
Some motors never had a trim sender. Check the crowleymarine web site to see if your motor ever had one.

BTW- trim senders are not all that accurate or reliable, which is what they should be. Replace the trim gauge with a water pressure gauge, which is much more important. Trim the boat by feel.
mine had one. i have already checked to make sure it did. the po, said everything worked on this when i traded. ya right. the trim worked once , tried again and nothing. went too check trim sender and its missing. so ya , needless to say i have alot of stuff that i have to repair and buy.

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My 1988 100 hp has one. It's attached to port side bracket. The trim sensor will not stop the motor from trimming though. You may have a bad solenoid. Happened to mine.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Dave, A lot of motors have a trim limit switch, separate from the trim angle sender. Not sure if he has one. The crowleymarine site would tell the story.