can someone help me identify this motor

justinspink09

Recruit
can someone plz help me and tell me what Johnson super seahorse electromatic motor this is.johnsone super seahorse 1 .jpeg

Attachments

• johnsone super seahorse 2.jpeg
    johnsone super seahorse 2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • johnsone super seahorse 3.jpeg
    johnsone super seahorse 3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Find the model # plate above transom clamps below lower cowling.----About a 1960 / 61 model.----Do a complete evaluation before spending any beer tokens.----Look through flyweel inspection hole for condition of coils.----Needs new impeller before first launch.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That would be a 1959 Evinrude model 35 HP.-----But you never know what was done to it.----Parts between Johnson / Evinrude interchanged readily.------More pictures will quickly determine what you have.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Could be. The cover threw me off. I didn't think a Johnny cover would fit on a Rude of that vintage.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Well maybe the lower cowling was replaced.----Maybe the model # plate was changed.----Maybe the midsection was changed.----More pictures might identify it in a heart beat !

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It certainly isn't an Electramatic, first pic confirmed that. As mentioned, that 2 tone paint certainly makes the Vintage, and Model a guessing game, until more info. Racer is likely close, by 61-62, the Trailer Lock Clamp on the Port Transom Bracket/Clamp was no longer provided
This should start a War; as for Oil, all the 35hp/40hp engines from 57 to 63 can run the 50:1 ratio, as there were no changes to the Bearings and/or Clearances when 1964 came along. In 64, OMC did put a Tin Plating on the Pistons to ease Break-in, but during the Break-in the Ratio was 24:1 for the first 10 hours.

Lightening up the pic, reveals an other off white, rather than E-Blue
1664555609577.jpeg

Last edited: