Can I reuse existing garmin transducer to connect to new dash mount depth display?

modicon2

Seaman Apprentice
I want to install a dash mount depth display (round 2.5" diameter). I've got an unused shoot-thru-hull transducer & temperature sensor that was for a Garmin 160. Is there is any way to reuse this transducer to connect to a round dash mounted depth display?
If so, what is the make/model of the display? also any wiring tips would be appreciated.

The unused sensors that were connected to the Garmin 160 appear to have a round 18 Pin (that connected to the Garmin) then split with once cable going to shoot-thru-hull transducer and the other to a water temperature sensor. It would be really great if I could show how wire up both temp and depth to this new display.

If nothing is available, I've been looking at the HawkEye In Dash Depth Finder that appears to fit perfectly into my spare dash hole. I'll just need to install transducer.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Can I reuse existing garmin transducer to connect to new dash mount depth display

I think it would probably need to be a Garmin unit or the transducer will need to be changed.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can I reuse existing garmin transducer to connect to new dash mount depth display

For the most part, a transducer is a transducer. Nothing proprietary about them except the way the connector is wired. Wiring diagrams for Garmin transducers are easy to find. Finding a wiring diagram for your new display is going to be your problem.