Can any help with an OMC part# for Tilt Motor

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1977 OMC Stringer drive Model# 990240E fixed trim. I need to find the correct OMC part# for the tilt motor. Any online lookups? Thnaks in advance...!

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Can any help with an OMC part# for Tilt Motor

Whoops, forgot to mention it's the two wire, through bolt, motor.

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Matt,<br /><br />Exact same one I was looking at!...LOL <br /><br />I just wanted to make sure of the part # before I did the e-bay (your stuck with it if it's wrong) purchase. If your's is like mine, ...how the hell did you get it removed? Mine sits behind the bell housing with about 2 1/2"s of clearance. Can't get a wrench, let alone my hand in there to remove the bolts.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

KF, use the box end of a combination wrench. It helps if your not fighting all of the rear panels.

mattsmall1972

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought a small ratchet and contorted myself like plastic man. Of course, my rubber boot was already off for replacement, and moving the outdrive to different positions helps as well. It can be done, it's nasty but possible.

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Boomy,<br /><br />I removed the rear panels behind the engine doghouse when I had to replace the starter and fuel pump (gas in the sight bowl) last week. I tried a closed end wrench on the bottom bolt and it wouldn't budge. Couldnt even feel the top bolt... It still gave me aout 2 inches of clearance behind the bell housing. I gave up and hauled her to the "new lake lot" after I removed the worm gear and had the outdrive "strapped up". I put the worm gear back in with the drive all the way down..launched it and spent five hours and a six pack of Diet Pepsi out on the lake. I'm half way tempted to just cut that motor in half with a "Saws All" and deal with pulling the remaining bolts. Might even give me some room... I will get it out, just might end up being a story that I'll be able to pass down generation to generation....lol<br /><br />The boat has a name now..."Compound Fracture"...there is a story behind it...but I'll save that for another post.<br /><br />I still need that OMC part# for the tilt motor if anyone has has access to a parts manual...

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

How about 382138? Not sure what size yours is but if go to this link BRP has online OMC catalog's back to 1968 OMC Parts Just select Stern Drive under the Products pull down and follow along.